010 ➥ two worlds

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

JULY 3RD 1994

Emma woke up with a mild headache and an absence next to her in bed.

She let out a soft groan before bringing her hands to her temples, rubbing them as if that could somehow make the dull ache vanish.

The next thing she did was wonder where the fuck had Liam gone. He can't have gone far. This is his fucking house after all.

The third thing Emma did was curse herself for caring so loudly in her own head.

She made an effort to sit up on the bed upon hearing the soft murmur of two voices coming from the first floor, muffled by the walls. Following her instinct, she got up and put on Liam's shirt (on a total whim and out of pure habit). Then, she moved on to the bottom half of her body; her own pants just fit her better.

Her footsteps walking down the stairs were as subtle as possible so as to not interrupt their conversation but the minute her head popped up from behind the wall, looking a mixture between awkward and tired, two pairs of blue eyes turned to her.

One pair in particular lit up especially upon seeing her. "Eyebrows!" He smiled. His obnoxious tone made Emma cringe, her head pounding a bit more than it did when she woke up.

Peggy slapped Liam's arm. "Oi. Lower ya voice, you're gonna give me a headache." She scolded him.

"Alright, alright, Jesus." Liam chuckled under his breath, raising his palms up in innocence. "Here, take this. It's just started to kick in for me."

Only then did Emma register the little glass container almost filled to the brim with little white pills, which she assumed were aspirin for her to take. There was also a glass of water that seemed to be half drunk but she figured that as far as sharing bodily fluids go, her and Liam had already crossed enough lines for this to be appropriate.

She sat on the chair right next to where Liam was sat, looking sheepish as she did so. She then dumped one of the little pills in her palm, put it in her mouth and swallowed it with water.

"So," Peggy spoke up. "Neither of you know the meaning of having fun at a suitable volume, eh?" She chuckled.

Emma's blood ran cold at the blunt comment while Liam just snickered under his breath; he'd clearly gotten shit from his mother over his antics more than once.

"You should've expected it, Mam. You're supposed to know me and that." He joked.

"No, I know you perfectly well you little idiot." She replied, ruffling his hair affectionally but with a hint of harshness. "I do sometimes pray that someday you'll bring a girl that finds you unspeakably boring and will refrain from waking your poor old mother up."