14 | Three's A Crowd

Start from the beginning

"Nah man. I'm tryna lay on them titties." He pulled his left arm across his chest to stretch his shoulder out while she laughed.

She moved her bowl out of the way once he climbed between her legs, resting the back of his head in her lap. He pulled the cover over his body and grabbed the remote from the nightstand to turn the TV on.

"Are you hungry? You want me to make you something to eat?" She reached down to rub her thumb across his jaw, then rubbed his short chin hairs.

"You good. I'ma get us some Chic Fil A when we go get August." He told her, and she hummed positively in response since she could go for one of their spicy deluxe chicken sandwiches.

Autumn grabbed her iPad when he put on Chicago P.D., his new favorite show-for obvious reasons. It wasn't playing for long before he spoke again.

"What you think about moving out of Chicago mama?" He randomly asked.

"And go where? Naperville?" She chuckled, saying the first neighboring suburban city she could think of.

"Nah. Out of Illinois all the way." He said, and her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"Where that come from?"

"I'm just tired of Chicago. We was 'posed to been left, but-you know," He referenced her disappearance. "But you back now. We can go."

"But everything is here. The church, my mom, your job, August's friends." She was still a bit confused.

"We can find a new church-that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. And ma, she can come with us if she want. It's just her anyway. Maybe we can get a house with like, an in law suite, I think that's what they called."

"And August ain't even in real school yet. That's why I'm thinking about it for real, 'cause if you down with it, we gotta leave before he start kindergarten. Then my job, I can just get transferred. Or I can find something else to do, that's nothin'." He explained.

He turned his head to look at her when she remained quiet, seeing the unreadable expression on her face as she thought about his words.

"The raq' ain't got nothin' that we can't find somewhere else. We been here our whole life Autumn, and we always said that when everything was good, we would find somewhere new to go." He added, and Autumn's eyes lowered to land on his gaze.

"Okay." She hesitated for a moment. "Where you wanna go?" She asked, causing a smile to spread across his face.

"It's up to you ma. Wherever you want. We can even go to Houston with Aspen." He suggested, knowing that she'd began to miss her brother more often lately since he now called her every day.

"Mommy would love that. She told me she would've moved out there with him sooner but she was waiting for me to come home."

"That's where you wanna go?" He asked, and she nodded in response. It really didn't matter to her where they went. As long as she was with him and August, she'd go anywhere.

"Aight then. C'mere." He reached up to hold her face, and she met him halfway for a kiss.

"I got you, aight? You ain't gotta worry 'bout nothin' princess." He kissed her forehead next, making her smile. She believed him, without a doubt.

Dayvon's hand traveled from her face to her neck when she kissed him again, this time using her tongue to gently separate his lips. She moaned under her breath once his tongue slid against her own while the grip on her neck tightened.

"Stop starting shit you can't finish, man." He was now on top of her, and she could feel the bulge from his boxers being pressed between her legs.

"You need to stop getting horny so fast." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his torso.