Sweat started trickling down his forehead as he thought of all the things that could happen now that the younger had left him for good.

Instead of reading the contents of the note, Taehyung sat on his bed, his eyes filling with hot tears. He felt as if someone had knocked the breath out of his body. He didn’t know what to do or how to react.

All his mind kept telling him was that Jungkook had left him, again.

That he doesn’t deserve anyone.

That maybe it’s good the younger one left before regretting his decision to stay with someone like Taehyung.

Someone who didn’t even wait for him.

Someone who isn’t worth it.

Someone who didn’t even try to find him when he needed Taehyung the most.

Someone who isn’t worth it.

Someone who’s useless—

"Hyungie~ where are you? Hyung?" Jungkook's high-pitched voice broke Taehyung's chain of thoughts.

Within seconds, Taehyung's room door burst open, and in came the muscle bunny, smiling from ear to ear. But as soon as he saw Taehyung's state, Jungkook visibly panicked. He ran towards the older one and sat beside him. "Hyung, what happened? Why are you crying?"

"Kook... Kookie... Jungkook... You're here... I... I thought that..." Taehyung stuttered, and without even realizing it, he pulled the younger one into his lap and hugged him with all the strength he had.

Taehyung wrapped his veiny arms around Jungkook's petite waist, while the younger one wrapped his arms around Taehyung's shoulders. They stayed in that exact position for more than ten minutes.

"What happened, hyung?" Jungkook asked once when he noticed that Taehyung's breathing was normal and he wasn't crying anymore.

"I thought you left," Taehyung whispered in a small, fragile voice.

"Oh, my dear hyungie," Jungkook said, squeezing the older's shoulders. "How could I leave you? I've made that mistake once, and I'll never repeat it again."

Taehyung looked at him, a pout adorning his pink lips. "But you left a note," he said, then showed the note to Jungkook.

"Oh yeah, I did," Jungkook acknowledged, looking at the crumpled note in the older's hand. "Did you even read it?" he asked.

Taehyung vigorously shook his head, indicating no. Jungkook facepalmed at his hyungie's childish act.

"Open it and read it," he instructed Taehyung, who gave him a confused look. "Please read it, hyung," Jungkook repeated. Taehyung slowly opened the note, and the content inside made his eyes widen in shock.

Hyungie~ I came to ask you if you would like to go out and have some fun with me, but you were sleeping, so I'm stepping out for a bit. I'll be back soon. Take care of yourself.”

"So?" Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung, who was avoiding his eyes. "First analyze things, then interpret," Jungkook said, pinching the older's nose.

"I'm sorry, Kookie," Taehyung said softly.

"It's okay, hyungie," Jungkook giggled.

"Anyway, what took you so long? Why are you coming back at eleven-thirty?" Taehyung asked, not minding the fact that the younger one was still sitting on his lap.

"Oh, I was coming home, then it started raining really hard, and I didn't even have my car, so I just went into a random shop, and... you know whom I met?" Jungkook asked, his eyes shining with excitement.