2.02 - sick

In which Rudy scares Cassie

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

With a gun once again pointed at her, Cassie tightened her grip around her weapon, staring unflinchingly at the prisoners. Two of the prisoners, one old with long blonde hair, the other young with a shaven head and muscled figure, cowered at the back, while the three others stood stoutly in front, brandishing makeshift weapons. The one in the middle had shed most of his jumpsuit, showing his browning white tank, and was holding a gun, gaze boring into Cassie as his finger ghosted the trigger.

"Who the hell are you?" He spat, his wide eyes focusing on the girl's sword.

Masking her shaking breath, her narrowed eyes looked over the men again. "Daryl!" She called, never moving her gaze from men.

The redneck quickly scurried over, aiming his crossbow defensively at the criminals. "Come on out of here. Slow and steady." he instructed, walking them out as though they were rabid dogs.

"You okay?" Daryl asked, his gaze momentarily flicking to Cassie, who was still clutching her weapons tightly, Daryl's presence only providing slight comfort. The girl nodded breathlessly, her eyes still trained on the prisoners - the last thing she wanted was for them to get the jump on her.

The prisoner with the gun's gaze landed on Hershel, his eyes widening as he saw the state of the man, nervous and confused, he turned to Daryl. "What happened to him?"

"He got bit." Daryl answered.

"Bit?" He asked, genuine confusion laced across his face. A small pang of pity fell across Cassie - these people hadn't seen the outside world. They might not even know what a walker is.

In fear, the prisoner tightened the grip on his gun, pushing the barrel forward at Daryl. The redneck didn't flinch, spotting T-Dog bring his gun up, pointing it toward the prisoner. He turned, now pointing his gun at T-Dog whilst Cassie - still maintaining her safe distance - aimed the thick tip of her sword directly at the tank-topped man.

His wide eyes stared back at her, filled with violent fear. He moved his gun toward her slightly, and she forced herself to remain still as her body screamed for her to recoil.

Don't show your fear.

In immediate defence of the eighteen year-old, T-Dog removed the safety from his gun, biting his lip in anger as he eyed down the greasy, dark eyed man.

"Woah, woah, easy now. No one needs to get hurt." Daryl assured, gently grabbing Cassie's arm and moving her backward. She kept her sword raised, the blade still in clear view of the man.

"You don't look like no rescue team!" One of the timid ones commented, looking nervously into the chaos in front of him.

"If a rescue team is what you're waiting for, don't!" Rick yelled desperately, his voice straining as he lifted Hershel onto a table. Placing their hands on either side, Rick and Glenn wheeled the table to the door, signalling T-Dog to open it.