02.09 - break

"All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

"All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

They all stood gathered in the cafeteria, curiously studying the small group in front of them; their begging mouths a cascade of heavy breaths as they explained why they should stay.

Cassie leant against the wall, turning her blood-stained sword in her hand as she silently mourned the loss of its counterpart.

As awful as she felt about it, she couldn't find herself able to care about these people. Normally, she was driven by an overwhelming empathy, and helping these people would be a need, not even considered.

But her mind was ablaze, her thoughts consumed by the raging dumpster fire of the danger she and her family were in.

"He asked for Cassie - by name."

Glenn's words rang in her ears, playing over and over again.

She knew the Governor was involved with Vincent (John had been ample evidence), but that still didn't explain how he knew her.

Did he know she killed Vincent and his men?

She could hear her father shouting, muffled by the thick smoky blanket of her thoughts. She couldn't look up, her mind still aflame.

What did it all mean?

"Cassie?" John tapped her arm, pulling her from her trance. "Are you okay?"

She studied him carefully, wondering if she should tell him, or if he already knew.

She swallowed uncomfortably...

"You need a gun and a knife."

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

Rudy watched carefully as his best friend guided John and Bones from the hall, her body wound tightly with stress as she walked.

A pair of car keys hidden in his pocket, he slowly approached her, a smirk creeping up on his face. She'd done so much to help recently, she deserved this.

"Hey," He smiled, his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"No." She said, waving him away as she checked the ammunition on a few guns.

"You don't even know-"

"I'm busy." She sighed, turning slowly to face him. "And take your hands out of your pockets, you'll hurt yourself."

"Fine," He smirked, removing both his hands and the car keys from his pocket, twirling them triumphantly on his finger. "I guess I'll just-"

"Rud', you can't drive for shit," She sighed, turning to face him in exasperation.