ᵘⁿᵗᵒᵘᶜʰᵃᵇˡᵉ | ᵈᵃᵐᶦᵃⁿ ʷᵃʸⁿᵉ ¹

We're starting the reviews from a Damian Wayne story written by icecoffeeluver. She has written a load of good DC fanfics so all you DC enthusiasts, don't miss out on reading her stories. Also, there are very few Damian Wayne fanfics on this site so check this one out if you're a fan of this young but lethal vigilante.

***

1. Title of the story:

Untouchable

As the story is about an Untouchable woman, the title seems to be a perfect fit. For some reason, I am always drawn to stories with one-word titles, I don't know why but they catch my attention quickly as compared to longer titles.

2. Cover of the story:

I like the cover because it's simple but fits the story. The image of black-gloved hands refers to Calista and the title Untouchable also refers to her. So I think the cover is a perfect choice for this story.

3. Description of the story:

So there is a difference between a summary and a description. When I was reading your book, you also mentioned that there was an extended summary inside. It was descriptive and outlined the two characters, their connection, and the stakes but I think it was a bit too much if you're just looking for a description. I don't know what to review here because summary and descriptions are two entirely different things. Your story has a summary but it does not have a description.

4. Character Dynamics:

Since this is a story focusing on character relationships and that's what you mentioned that you paid the most emphasis on while writing, I will talk about the two main characters only.

Calista - I kinda want more context on Calista. Is she a metahuman like Shadow Walker and others created by NOWHERE or is there some other background behind her powers? Her powers are unique though and I love that instead of going for the overused superpowers, you gave her such a deadly one. But of course with power comes responsibility so as a writer you will have to make sure that your OC doesn't become too overpowered in the story. Being able to suck the life force out of a person must have some physical and mental impacts on Calista too and it would be an interesting aspect of her character for you to explore. Like does she feel strengthened when she sucks out someone's life force? Is there a chance for her powers to get out of control and cause her to spiral? Do her emotions affect her powers?

Damian - Oh I have a lot to say about Damian. I know how hard it is to write him because I am also working on a fic in which he's older than how he's shown in canon material. Writing Damian is like trying to complete a complex task without an instruction manual. I know there are so many comics out there and it is painstaking to sift through the heaps to find out those that tell us what Damian's character is like canon but I find AI to be a helpful tool in providing character sketches based on the available material on the internet. The way you have written Damian in this story however is very different from any I have read so far. He is a lot like what Damian could have grown up to be if he had stayed with the Waynes from the very beginning. 

Talia - I know we haven't seen her in the story as of yet but I am excited to see how you will portray her. From all I have read so far, it is clear that Talia will play a very important role later on so I look forward to how you will integrate her character into the plot.

[Note: I am not including the character development section because there's a long way to go in the story for us to start seeing development. We are in the process of understanding the characters individually through the chapters you have written so far].