A Raging Thunderstorm

Start from the beginning

"May I suggest to raid her hideout and take her by suprise? That is, if she's there. If not, we can still scout for information." Zane spoke, all eyes turned to him.

"What a great plan!" Jay exclaimed, sarcastically. "It's not like we don't know where her hideout is or anything, right?"

Give it up for Jay, the master of sarcasm, everyone.

Lloyd was about to say something, when Zane abruptly turned his attention towards Kai. His gaze ever serious and that sort of took Kai by suprise.

"Why don't we ask Kai?" Zane said.

It was that, Kai could feel his body stiffen. His feet glued to the ground, although every part of his body screamed: RUN!

"What?" Nya spoke, finally.

Kai bit his own lip. He glanced at Zane, and the sudden appearance of so many questions in his mind confused him. One of them being: How did Zane knew I knew where Neon's hideout was? I didn't tell anyone about what happened...did I?

"Kai, what is Zane talking about?" Cole asked. He urged Kai to speak, supposedly getting impatient, but with his hand on his shoulder, he expressed only concern.

"I..." Kai muttered. Seeing everyone looking at him, he suddenly felt weak. Yes, the all-so-confident Kai Smith, felt weak.

Kai swallowed a whole urge to just run away like a scared little mice, whether he liked it or not, he had to confront his friends. "I...well...I might of accidentally found Neon's hideout when I snuck out, just a little before the monastery exploded."

"Wow, I totally believe you, Kai." Jay said, sarcastically. (Sigh, let's just call Jay the sarcastic ninja instead of the lightning ninja from now on, 'kay?)

"Okay, not 'accidentally'." Kai admitted.

Lloyd growled in annoyance. "Kai, seriously? You could've gotten killed!"

Kai looked seriously offended, that's what he looked like. "I can take her! If only she didn't distract me with her change of heart, which by the way, was super fake. I saw right through it, but she opened up this hole in the ground and I fell-" Kai wanted to continue on, but all of his friends were looking at him, disappointment hung over their faces like big sign boards highlighted in flashing colours, he stopped. (Except for Zane.)

"Okay, nevermind that. So you know where her hideout is?" Lloyd spoke again, this time, his voice a bit softer this time.

"...Yeah."

•••

Kai believed in justice. Sure, of course he does.

But the way his friends were giving him sour looks because he sneaked out that night, and almost got himself killed, that was just not justice. If he hadn't snuck out, they wouldn't even know where Neon's hideout would be.

But alas, he gave himself a good slap in the face and told himself that he was being selfish for thinking that. No matter what, sneaking out and almost getting himself killed was still his own fault.

Everyone gave him sour looks except for one particular person---Cole. (Oh, wow, totally didn't expect that.)

He didn't look at all disappointed, maybe he was but he did a great job at hiding it. Because all he did was just stare at Kai, his eyes communicating with him as if whispering: It's okay, I'm with you. over and over again into his ears.

Yeah, pfft, maybe Cole wasn't disappointed with him, but Kai was sure disappointed with himself.

Hooray, what a great day to let down your friends.