the doors opened to the green floor showing the research area and people "on this, the green floor, you'll find our amazing research division. it is state of the art." phil said as we all looked around "nicee" Tom tried to walk in but Phil pulled him back causing Tom to grunt "children are not allowed." phil said abruptly, Tom took a small step back, disappointed. "still leaping before you look?" Jun spoke out calmly yet a bit quiet, Tom side eyed her as she had a small smirk. the doors opened to the blue floor "the blue floor is home to our high tech control center and security hub-" alex's head peeked up "the virtual brain of the station. it is state of the art" phil finished "can wee-.." tom started "children are not allowed." phil answered turning to Tom "what's on the red floor?" Tom asked as phil turned back around to the front "the hanger, it's a highly restricted area. home to our explorer class drone fleet. it is state of the art." Tom raised his hand "children at not allowed." Tom's hand went down, i chuckled as Tom crossed his arms slightly pouting without the stupid lip thing most people did "so where are children allowed?" he asked.

the elevator doors opened to the visitor center "the visitor's center." phil answered "you have three jobs while you're here. 1, go to school. 2, stay away from the fissure. 3, make sure you stay away from the fissure. look all you want but touch nothing!" Phil said as he lead the group out the elevator but i had other plans. to go see the fissure and it seemed like Tom had the same one as me, since he didn't get out like everyone else. Tom pressed the button causing Jun to turn around and shake her head, tom shrugged with a smirk and i gave a small thumbs up to her as the doors closed.

when the doors opened Tom immediately walked out with me behind him "woo.. wow." he cooed as he stopped for a few moments, i went ahead and hopped off the platform and slid on the slanted ground. i then walked when i was on flat ground. i could hear Tom following a drone behind me, i looked back and smiled slightly. i couldn't explain why but seeing others enjoy simple things made me smile, i think it's because.. i can't enjoy simple things in the ways others can. we both went off to the fissure, Tom running ahead to the railing to watch the drone, i approached a few moments behind. i have him a small pat on the back as i walked back, he glanced back and smiled before turning to the fissure again i walked to the left side near the front and saw a familiar dark blue-ish in the clouds. i smiled as i saw the silhouette rush past, i felt the faint wind hit my face. then i saw a ball of lightning rush quickly through the smoke. it was gone in a flash, i was surprised "what're you kids doing out here?" a girl called out. i looked back "i-i saw something! it was.." Tom started but a rumbling was heard. the ground started to shake slightly "what is that?" Tom called out "earthquake!" the lady called out before the ground started to shake harder. my knees buckled and i fell to the floor, i heard Tom and the lady fall onto the ground as well, an explosion? cracking? i look up and saw the floor was breaking. Tom sat up and pushed himself against the railing with his knees up, i looked down and saw the crack was right beneath me, Tom grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me back taking me by surprise as the ground broke. the lady screamed, Tom yelled out, my eyes widened, i couldn't speak. i quickly got up and ran over, to the edge with Tom "get help!" the lady yelled. I ran inside with Tom behind me, i ran up the stairs quickly up multiple floors, by the time i reached the second one i heard an alarm. that's when i saw Phil. "phil! at the fissure! Tom! a lady! the floor collapsed! she's hanging on!" i yelled out between gasps of breath, Phil ran over confused "what?" he asked before i grabbed his hand and started to run back down.

by the time we got down there i saw Tom sliding on the floor, toward the edge. My eyes widened and i ran, i could've sworn that was the fasted i ever ran in my entire life "wait!" i heard phil yell as i ran, i ignored him. just as Tom fell over the edge i grabbed him by the back of his jacket and began to pull, straining slightly "hold on. i got you!" i yelled, mainly to Tom as i began to pull him back up, slowly, each step felt like an eternity before Tom was finally up and we were both pulling on the rope. Phil showed up, he grabbed the rope from Tom and me "hold on Linda, i got you!" Phil shouted as he pulled. i took a few steps back, panting and leaning against the railing, Tom sat beside me "holy shit.." i murmured before Tom nudged me "what? you almost died, don't you think it'd be an appropriate time to cuss?" i asked before leaning my head back.