𝟻𝟶: 𝚂𝙽𝙾𝚆

snow

Kendall's faint smile fell. She knew she was in a vulnerable state, definitely not the best time to see that damn blue eyed boy, Adam Banks. He stared up at her eagerly and she was comforted. For the first time those past couple of days, she felt warm.

"Can I come see you?"

The question rung in her ears. She turned her head to her dresser, specifically to the mirror which sat on top of it... specifically to a picture of her and Dean.

Her face veered back towards the window, a pleasant chill gracing her face. She looked down to the boy and smiled. "Give me a couple minutes."

She slammed her window, leaving the blonde in amusement.

She flew around her room, grabbing clothes that would keep her warm. Lastly, she threw on a beanie and rushed out the door and down the stairs of the building to the front entry doors. Her smile bright as she looked around for the boy who was nowhere to be found.

Her smile faded as she realized, he wasn't there. She exhaled sharply, seeing her breath from the cold as she turned slowly, glumly making her way back.

But... blue eyes. That's all she could see. He stood tall in front of her, a smile peaking from one ear to the other.

She was lost, unbeknownst that she too was smiling... from ear to ear. Her chest beat loudly, for what seemed like the first time in years.

"Kendall," he smiled.

She laughed, "Adam."

"Kendall," he spoke in more of a hushed tone. The girl in front of him was effortlessly beautiful, her smile infectious. Nothing like the girls he dated for the past few months, nothing at all.

She stared at the grown boy, only seeing his childhood self. The boy she knew before everything went to shit.

The snow crunched on her feet below. The sound familiar in her brain, joyful even. She remembered, grabbing the boys hand in running. "Come on."

He laughed, trailing behind. He'd known the girl long enough to not question her antics, he just followed happier than one could be.

She ran past her building, mickeys dinner, and the old alleyway, only stopping when nothing was seen but snow, ice, and a lonely bench.

His eyes wandered across the frozen lake, he hadn't been there in years. "The lake," he muttered. She smiled, leaving his side. She made footprints in the snow, leading straight to the bench.

He remembered. He slowly followed, soon sitting beside her.

The snow fell, lying softly on the two. Snowflakes shined off the girls dark hair, melting after a few seconds soon to be replaced by new ones.

Adam fidgeted with his fingers, quoting his 10 year old self, "are we friends?" The same words, in the same month, on the same bench eight years later.

She smiled, that same infectious smile, "yeah. I mean I wouldn't have come if I didn't like you somewhat." Quoting herself, 8 years ago.

He shook his head with a smile, staring down at his feet. "But this time i'm the one that's able to do this!" She ended with a shout, smashing a huge pile of snow on top of his head. He gasped from the cold before peeling after her as she ran.

For a moment, it had felt as if they were back in time. Like they were those same kids eight years ago, like nothing had changed. "Kendall Conway!" He laughed, chasing her through the snow filled field.

She laughed loudly, looking back at him before sprinting forward. "Ow!" She heard from the boy behind her. She turned seeing the boy down on the floor. She rolled her eyes, a hand on her hip, "oh please! I invented that!"

"Oh yeah, you're right." He stood, dusting off the snow. "But you see, i just needed to slow you down!" He laughed, sprinting towards her.

"Oh shit!" She tried to go, but failed as she was pressed down to the snow. The boy breathing heavily above her.

Her face went from laughing hysterically, to one that was of stone. Her face heat up as he slightly placed his fingers on her cheek, wiping away some snow.

He remained hovered over her, his lips close to hers. They both breathed heavily, before not breathing at all. She smiled small, lifting her hand through his hair, "you got a haircut."

His breath hitched, closing his eyes softly.

He cleared his throat, lifting himself to the spot next to her, remembering she had a Dean. "Yeah I did."

She laughed, sitting up, hoping her red cheeks would be dismissed as the cold. "It suits you."

"Thanks."

Through the silence, the girl began to draw pictures in the snow with her gloved fingers. He watched as she did so. Although she was smiling, he saw the sadness behind her eyes. He watched as she dug the words 𝖧𝖠𝖱𝖵𝖠𝖱𝖣 in the snow, drawing a heart around it, "they're extremely lucky to have you." She finally turned to him with a small sincere smile, "I am so proud of you, banksie."

He exhaled deeply, bending over and drawing an X through her picture, "no, they're stupid. They would've been luckier with you."

She stared down at the X, laughing sadly, "no they aren't. All the schools were smart to reject me. I don't know why i expected to get into their hockey programs."

"What?" He exclaimed, not believing what little faith she had in herself. "Who put that crazy idea in your mind? Because it's not the Kendall Conway i know." Her gaze was towards the lake, as tears began to prick at her eyes.

"Kendall... they're missing out. You are amazing. You always have been." Her tears began to fall more furiously. "I've always been jealous of your talent on the ice. I've seen you scare so many good hockey players since we were in peewees, including me." She continued to remain silent. So, he reached his hand out, gently placing it on her jaw, making her turn her head toward him.

He noticed the tears that raced down her cheeks. His thumb rose, making those tears disappear. He spoke again, his hand still laid gently on her cheek. "No one deserves this more than you, Kendall. Please don't give up. You deserve more. You are amazing. You are one of the best. You're Kendall Conway, remember? Make the world that revolves around you see how wonderful you are. You can do this, Kens. I believe in you."

She felt as if her heart grew by the way her chest felt all warm inside. Those were the words she do desperately wanted to hear... and she heard them. Clear as day. It may have not come from Dean Portman, but it came from Adam Banks. She smiled, tears spilling over. Before she knew what she was doing, her hands were around the boys neck as she hugged him close.

Her tears soaked his shirt, as she replied with a muffled, "thank you, Adam."

She sat back in her place, her arms leaving him. She moved away from him slowly, placing a soft kiss on his cheek before moving away completely.

"That was exactly what I needed to hear, thank you." He didn't care that his cheeks were as red as her sweater, "of course." His tone sincere.

"Wanna go get some food? You'd pay obviously." She joked standing to her feet and dusting off her clothes.

He looked at her curiously, standing beside her. "What about Dean?"

She bit her lip, looking down at her fingers, "uhm, we broke up."

"Oh!" He cleared his throat, cursing himself for sounding happy, "oh, i'm sorry. The food's on me."

"Oh, i know."

♡♥︎♡

AUTHORS NOTE: wrote this after a 9 hour shift, i'm sorry if it's messy i'm tired lmao. thank you for reading, let me know if you enjoyed ♡
THE BIG 50!