𝟸: 𝙰𝙱𝙰𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙽𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝙸𝚂𝚂𝚄𝙴𝚂

abandonment issues

"Can we please leave now!"

"No, i just need to practice a couple more drills!"

"Adam! We've been here for four hours! I love hockey too but i need a break!" Adam had held me captive in practice for four freakin hours and right now all i need is a nap.

"You don't get it Kendall! I have to be the best or else i'll never be able to make it pro! And with this new school full of amazing hockey players, i'll just be another boy with a dream... i have to be better." He shoots another puck that soars into the back of the net.

"Adam," i skate over to him, making him drop his hockey stick to the ground. "You need to take a breather. You're running yourself crazy."

"It's just unfair." He sighs. "What's unfair?" I ask with a slight tilt of my head as i wrap my arms around his neck.

"I just... i try so hard and there are so many people out there who don't try as hard as me and are so much better than i am."

My mouth upturns into a smirk, "oh really? Who are these people who are supposedly better than you?"

"You," he says just above a whisper.

My face contorts into a shocked expression, "Adam Vincent Banks are you jealous?"

"Obviously." His face droops down as a frown appears across his lips.

I lift my hands up to his face, lifting it a bit to meet my eyes. "You are filled with so much talent it's unbelievable! Even in peewees when i hated you, i was still in awe from your God given talent. You're a natural and the best hockey player i know. You will go pro... notice how i said that as a fact, not as a statement."

"Am i even better than Charlie?" His eyes gaze into mine.

"Way better. Don't tell him i said that!" A smile formed on his lips as he began to chuckle.

"What did i do to deserve you, Kendall Conway?"

"You had a smokin' face," i reply simply. He laughed before cupping my face and leaned in to kiss me.

"Ah, Ah. Not so fast Banksie," i say, leaning my face away from his. "First you go shower and we leave this place, then you will get your kiss."

"You're cruel."

I look at the imaginary watch on my wrist, "and there went by another second you're wasting when you could be kissing me." With that he grabbed his equipment and raced off for the showers.

♡♥︎♡

I tapped my foot on the floor quickly, barely being able to hold in my excitement. Me and Connie smiled brightly at each other as we held up a big cardboard sign.

Our eyes scanned the crowd of people, hoping to see a certain blondie among the chaos of the airport. I gripped tightly to the board that read 'Julie 'the cat' Gaffney', but once i saw her with her bright smile the board clattered to the ground.

We burst into a sprint, not even stopping when we wrapped our arms around each other.

"I've missed you two so much!" Julie exclaimed happily, squeezing us tighter.

"Come on cat lady, lets get out of here!"

We spent that whole afternoon watching movies and eating junk food and just overall being happy to finally spend some time together.

"What do you mean you're not coming!" I yelled into the phone.

"I hate rich and preppy snobs. That school is full of them, so count me out."