"I thought I was your friend."

  She rolled her eyes, "Don't pretend your not excited to see Paris."

  "Oh," he felt his cheeks warm, "I am.  She's my friend."

  "That you're in love with."

  "Love is a strong word."

  "You've liked her for years, you're clearly in love."

  "Maybe. . . I miss Andy too."

  She looked down at the shirt she was wearing, one that was clearly too big, "I miss him, too."

  "That's his shirt?"

  "No, I just buy men's XL shirts for shits and giggles."

  "Funny," he looked at her face, like really looked at her.  The scar on her cheek had become an after thought as they aged, now the thing her noticed was her eyes.  Specifically, her eyebrows, her eyes were bright with hope; but it was the way she pinched her brows that revealed how much she longed for Andy.  "Depending on how it goes, you can have a minute with him before we need to fight and they need to leave.  The chaos should give you cover."

  "Thank you, Issac."  They were silent for a minute, then she spoke again, "We need to send Matt back, I don't want him fighting like this."

  "With broken ribs?" he asked, "You have."

  "Well," she pulled Andy's shirt off, leaving her in yesterday's ribbed tank top, "He's not me."

  She was right, he didn't think Matt could take the pain of fighting through a broken bone.  He had barely been able to take it when he broke his foot and ankle, broken ribs hurt a lot more.  "So you really don't think he can handle it?"

  "I don't think he has too, also Cassidy can only transport so many people so far.  Maybe, Anna can go with him and they'll find us a boat or something.  I don't want him in danger when he doesn't have to be."

  "He won't like this."

  She scoffed, "He can't even move, I'm not worried about it."

  They went over the plan while snacking on granola bars, Paris most definitely packed the best food on quests.  Eventually they ended up in silence, then the rest of their crew woke up and it was time.  It was time and he was ready.

---

  Zoe could feel the storm contained by her body, she could feel the electricity in her veins begging to be released.  Only, first she had to speak to Matt.  Issac was already talking to Anna about the plan and she seemed to have no problems with it, other than the order that no one get gravely injured.

  Matt was standing, leaning heavily against the wall, she reached his side.  "You're going with Anna to the docs, you'll pick up the boat."

  "What?" his eyes were wide, "I'm not going anywhere!"

  She expected that much, "This isn't up for debate, Matt.  We both know you can't fight."

  He slid his hands into his pockets, bringing out his brass knuckles, "I can fight."

  "You can barely walk, I know how much pain you're in, you'll only make it worse if you keep going."  She crossed her arms, fixing him with a glare she often used on younger campers, Andy called it her no nonsense face.  "Don't push it."

  "Zoe," he fixed his posture, "You would push it."

  She blinked, "Matt, look at my skin."

  "It's dirty," he noted the blood, that was driving her crazy.