Chapter 2: Taming of the Lion

I wake up early the next morning, too excited to sleep much. It works out anyway, as I'm able to catch a ride with some sleepy gaffers to set. We part in the sub-level parking lot, and I make my way down a partially lit hallway. Just gonna drop of my kit in the MU room and search out a coffee. I'm unsure of where I am in the building, and there are several doorways down the hall that open into creepy dark rooms. My phone pings and I look down to check it. At that moment I slam hard into someone's chest and sprawl across the floor. They must have come out of the doorway as I walked past. God, I'm a bit dazed from the impact, as my forehead took the brunt of the collision.

"어머야 최송합니다!! 괜찮습니까??" (Oh my god, I'm sorry!) a deep voice calls out, concern bleeding through his tone as he reaches down to help me up. I lift my eyes to meet the intense gaze of none else but Jun Song. He starts in surprise, sweaty and glorious in gym gear, duffle bag dropped at his feet.

"Toska! Are you alright?" he pulls me to standing as if I'm weightless, nabbing my heavy backpack as well.

"So this is Newton's Law in effect, eh? I heal you and now you have the strength to send me sailing across the hall!" I joke, smiling into his eyes so he knows I'm kidding. "haha ahh.. 미안해요 정말.. 못 봤는데요.. 근데 토끼 씨 좀 일찍 왔는데요? 오늘.." (Sorry, really, I didn't see you.. But what are you doing here so early, Miss Rabbit?)

"응 난 왠지 일찍 일어나고 와서,내 가방을 놓고 커피 마셔려고 갔다 올 거예요. 근데 준씨도 일찍 왔군요. 매일 그래요? 그리고 토끼 별명이 뭐야~ ㅎㅎㅎ 내 이름은 토끼말고 토스카잖아요~!" (I got up early for some reason, so I'm going to leave my bag and go get some coffee. You're here early too, eh Jun? Btw what's the deal with this 'Rabbit" nickname? You know my name is Toska, not Tokki!)

"애칭을뿐이에요. 편하게 합시다~ 응. 난 아짐에 운동 하는 편이야. 그 헬스장에요", (It's just a cute nick name. Come, let's talk casually, eh? Yes I tend to workout in the morning at that gym) he responds, pointing behind him.

"Ohh there's a gym here? That's so cool! I had no idea this building is so well equipped" I murmur, staring in awe at the state of the art equipment inside.

"Oh yeah, no one really comes down here except for a few talent. It's a shame. I paid a fortune for it. Feel free to use it, 마음대로" (to your heart's content)

"No way, really? I absolutely will be coming here first thing tomorrow morning."

"Maybe I'll see you here then."

"I sure hope so," I smile. He smiles.

"그럼.. 운동 같이 할까요?" (Then... Shall we exercise tomorrow?) he asks politely, softly.

"좋아요!" (Love it!) I exclaim. I feel as light as air around this man, so brusque yesterday, so gentle today. He smiles and laughs.

"Great! I have a meeting to get ready for, let's walk upstairs together."

"콜!" (word!) he grabs my bag and we slowly meander upstairs, talking of little nothings, enjoying each other's company. When we reach the studio there are a few folk already there, and boy do they notice our entry. Particularly his sweaty causal clothes, and his hold on my bag. He sets it down at my station and fondly squeezes my shoulder as he says goodbye, striding energetically away and nodding good morning as he passes crew by. I can't keep the smile off my face, but it freezes when I catch the eye of every crew member in the studio, staring at me in shocked silence. I nod politely and call out, "good morning everyone", set up my station then slip away for a coffee. When I return I find side eyes from every angle. One of the MUA's 순니 언니, (Suni) who is set up next to me, casually comes to wash her hands where I'm filling up my water bottle and says slyly, "준 씨랑 잤지?" (You sleep with Mr. Song, didn't you?)

"What??" I exclaim in shock, taken off guard. "아니거든요! 무슨 말이에요??" (No I certainly didn't! What kind of question is that?) I respond indignantly.

"Mr. Song is a demon. He's an amazing business man and creative but he's a monster. There's not one nice bone in his body but with you it's like he's been reborn as the sun itself. He's never even smiled at us, let alone called out good morning!" She exclaims, and several people who have drifted closer to listen nod in agreement. I shrug.

"I don't know. I showed him some kindness in a stressful moment. A little support goes a long way, you know."

"Well, whatever you're doing, keep it up. Our lives will be a lot better with that lion tamed!" Everyone laughs in a relieved kind of way and disperses back to their jobs. I smile. Good to know I've made such an impact so quickly!