12 Days of Christmas: Love and Mystery

It was the first 12 days of Christmas, and almost everyone at school had a date to the Christmas Prom. You found yourself complaining about not having a prom date to your best friend, Jose. Surprisingly, he didn't have a prom date either, but he wasn't complaining.

As the bell rang for lunch, you walked to your locker and received a ping notification on your phone from an unknown number. Curious, you opened the text message and read...

"Beneath the glow of Christmas lights so bright,

In winter's hush, love takes its flight.

Snowflakes fall, a delicate ballet,

As our hearts dance in the moonlit array.

Fireside warmth and laughter's embrace,

In the quiet moments, love finds its place.

Under the mistletoe, a stolen kiss,

A symphony of love in a winter's bliss.

Through frosty windows, a world dressed in white, 

Our love story unfolds on this magical night.

Wrapped in scarves and the season's delight,

Merry Christmas, my love, my heart's true light."

Excitedly, you ran to your best friend, Jose, who was lying on a bench. "JOSE JOSE JOSEYY," you screamed. "What is it, Y/N? What made you so hyper?" he asked. You showed him the text message, sitting down next to him. He raised his eyebrows, smiling. "Wow, Y/N, who's that?" he said, putting his arm around your neck. "I don't know; it's an unknown number." "Looks like you got a secret admirer, Y/N," Jose winked. "Shut up," you chuckled and playfully punched his arm.

Lying on your bed at home in your Christmas PJs, you stared at the text message you'd received earlier that day, contemplating how to reply. After typing and erasing several times, you finally settled on the perfect reply.

Y/N: Hello... who is this?

U/N: Hello, beautiful. How was your day today?

Y/N: It was alright, but who are you?

U/N: I can't tell you that, princess.

Y/N: Why not?

U/N: It won't be fun if i told you now, would it?

Y/N: Do I know you?

U/N: Sure.

Y/N: Hm.. Are we close?

U/N: Maybe. 🤷‍♂️

Y/N: Well anyways, thank you for the poem. It was lovely.

U/N: Anything for you, sweetheart. 😘

Y/N: 🤭

Y/N: I gtg now, ttyl?

U/N: Of course, love.

U/N: Goodnight.❤️

You put the phone on the bed and stared at the ceiling, smiling. After a few seconds, you started giggling and kicking your feet. You turned sideways and fell asleep with a smile on your face.

The next morning, you were very happy and full of joy, jumping around and getting your morning routine done. Brushing your hair, you heard a ping on your phone; it was the unknown number again.

U/N: Good morning, sunshine. I made you a playlist to listen to this Christmas; hope you like it. 😘

He sent a link to a Spotify playlist to listen to this Christmas songs. "How did he know I like those songs?" you thought. Putting the phone down, you continued to get ready for school, where you and Jose had bought matching PJs to wear on Christmas day at school.

Arriving at school, you saw Jose waving at you from the school gates, also wearing the matching PJs. "My gosh! We look so cute!!" you exclaimed, hugging Jose tightly. Everyone gave you cute compliments, thinking you were a couple, but you didn't mind it, neither did Jose. You had a crush on Jose since you were 12 years old, but you were always too scared to confess.

Every day, you kept receiving thoughtful gifts from your "Secret Admirer." You even had him named 'Secret Admirer' on your phone.

On Day 4, you recieved a personalised book from your favourite novel, right on your doorstep.

Day 5: A Star Mao depicting the alignment of the stars on the day you met.

Day 6: Handcrafted Jewelry with all your favourite colours and shades.

Day 7: A gourmet Cooking Class with ingredients and instructions for a gourmet meal tied to your favourite cuisine.

Day 8: A painting of you in your favourite red dress and a beautiful crown.

Day 9: A hamper basket full of things you love -- candy, skincare items, Airpods, cute phon covers, etc.

Day 10: A love letter expressing deep and sincere emotions.

Day 11: A simple yet powerful declaration of love.

Day 12: The last day of Christmas. You received a mysterious message from your secret admirer.

S/A: Today you'll finally know who i am, meet me in the computer room. I'll be waiting. 😘

Feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness, you pushed away any doubts and arrived at the computer room. As you stepped in, someone grabbed your hand and pulled you to the side. In the dim light, you realised you had your hands on his chest and his hands on your waist. Pulling away, the person stepped into the light, and to your relief, it was Jose.

"Jose? What are you doing here?" you asked, stepping closer to him.

"I'm your secret admirer," he whispered. Finally everything made sense; Jose was someone who was very close to you, and he knew all your interests. He handed you a gift -- a bracelet with charms and a locket that had yours and Jose's picture together from when you were young.

Before you could say anything he leaned in and kissed you, making the last day of Christmas truly special.