I'll Be Back Next Summer

After a few hours, (Y/N) wakes up. To his surprise, he's alone. As he sits up, he looks around the room. He's in the infirmary. It's nighttime, and even the Apollo campers are gone. Hearing faint sounds, he realizes that all of the campers are around the campfire.

(Y/N) stands up, and begins walking towards the infirmary door. As he walks, he catches glimpse of his reflection.

He had a bandage over his left eye, where he was cut. The bandage was a little bloody, but all-in-all, it wasn't bad.

After looking in his reflection for a few minutes, he walks out of the infirmary, walking to the campfire. To his disappointment, Annabeth and Percy aren't there. He figured that Percy had went home. But, he didn't know where Annabeth was.

(Y/N) sits next to Clarisse, and looks at her. "Where are Annabeth and Percy?"

Clarisse looks at him. "Well, hello to you too, Sleeping Beauty," Clarisse says, her voice playfully sarcastic. Believe it or not, (Y/N) and Clarisse had actually become friends in the time Percy, Grover, and Annabeth were on their quest. "To answer your question, they both went home earlier."

(Y/N) felt a small pang of sadness. Sure, he didn't expect them to stay. But, they didn't even wait for him to wake up. 'I saved Percy's life, and exposed Luke as a traitor, but neither Annabeth, nor Percy, cared enough to stay and make sure I was okay.' He thinks bitterly.

"You okay, idiot?" Clarisse asks, a slight look of concern in her eyes.

"Yea, I'm fine," (Y/N) says. He didn't feel like talking about his emotions to anyone, especially not in front of so many others.

As the night progressed, and the fire died down, campers began slowly retreating to their cabins. Soon enough, (Y/N) was the only demigod left. He stayed by the fire until it finally went out. The only person who stayed with him was Hestia, the goddess of the hearth. She didn't pry into his emotions, or try to tell him everything was going to be okay. She just sat there with him in comfortable silence, until he was ready to head to bed.

-Time Skip-

It had been a few weeks since the Luke incident, and (Y/N) had gotten his bandage removed from his eye. He hadn't properly looked into the mirror since he got it removed. Until one day.

He had been cleaning his cabin for inspection. He was cleaning his mirror, when he looked into it. His movements paused, and his heart dropped. Luke's words echoed in his head as he stared at his reflection. I don't see why you have such a problem with me. We're the same, after all.

His scar perfectly mirrored Luke's.

He felt panic rising in his chest as he stared into his reflection. His knees felt like jelly as they buckled beneath him.

He stays on the ground for a while, his knees pulled up to his chest. The other campers from the Hermes cabin were out somewhere, so he was completely alone. His chest felt like it was constricting, as his breathing grew panicked. He was practically hyperventilating as he tried to catch his breath.

Only after a few minutes did someone walk into his cabin. Silena Beauregard from the Aphrodite cabin. She notices his panicked state, and rushes to his side, quickly pulling him into her arms as he tries to calm himself.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Silena's voice is comforting as she gently rubbed his back comfortingly.

A few moments pass before (Y/N) is able to compose himself enough to speak. When he finally begins to explain, his breathing is shaky, and his voice is quiet. "I'm just like him... He was right..."

"Just like who?" Silena asks. "Who are you talking about?"

"Luke. I even look like him."

Silena lays a gentle hand on his shoulder. "You're nothing like him," She says softly. "You're kind, selfless, and loyal."

"But... My scar-..." He tries to say, before he is cut off by the Aphrodite counselor.

"...-Is only the same look-wise. It may look the same, but that doesn't mean you're anything like Luke."

(Y/N) remains silent, not fully believing her.

Noticing his disbelief, Silena smiles softly at him. She stands up, pulling (Y/N) with her, and making him look in the mirror. "You're right that it looks like his, but it's on the opposite eye, see?"

(Y/N) nods.

"Don't think of it as your scar looks the same as his, so you're the same as him. Think of it as your scar is on the opposite side of his, so you're the opposite of him. Make sense?"

(Y/N) nods again, as his breathing calms down. "You're right..." He admits. "Thank you, Silena." He smiles at her.

"No problem. What are friends for?"

After that, Silena begins inspecting the Hermes cabin, deciding to cut (Y/N) some slack for the half-finished mirror, due to what had happened. Thanks to (Y/N), the Hermes cabin got first shower privileges that night.

-------------------

807 words

That was the end of the chapter! If you couldn't tell, that was just a filler, so I don't skip straight from TLT to SoM. Idk why my dumbass decided to write an 807 word filler chapter, but hey! Only the best for the many (few) fans of mine!

Now, as promised, the shoutout for the person who guessed (Y/N)'s fear: @sith_lord_koraban

Also, try to guess my favorite side characters based off of this one chapter! I bet you'll never guess! (Aka, I bet you'll guess in a heartbeat)

Please let me know what you think of this chapter! And, if you probably couldn't tell, my plan for (Y/N)'s fatal flaw is Feelings Of Inferiority, because I know it's one that many people can relate to! And for those who don't relate, congrats! You're nothing like me!