Hunt Down #1

"Gingka! Gingkkaaaa!" Kenta yelled.

"Gosh Kenta, could you be any louder? I don't think Mei Mei and the rest of China heard you!" Benkei screamed angerly.

"Sorry Benkei. I was just looking for Gingka. I wanna ask him something." Kenta replied sheepishly.

"Ah yes, another bey battle? What else could it be?" Benkei guessed, while nodding his head.

"Well, you're half right, but not completely. There's a new tournament in town, and I just gotta join in!" Kenta exclaimed with gleaming eyes.

"A new tournament huh? Sounds exciting! I might try to sign up too!" Benkei replied happily.

"Oh well sorry Benkei, but this is a special tournament. So, I doubt that you can enter in this time. But anyway, I gotta find Gingka soon. Sorry gotta run, byeee!" Kenta shouted.

And just like that, Kenta turned the corner and took off. Running far into the distance with a dust cloud forming behind him.

"Hey Kenta! Wait for meee! Man, I lost him! That was weird. Just what is a special tournament anyway?" Benkei wondered in confusion.
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

As the water rushed down the riverbank, Gingka laid in the grass above it. Twisting and turning with a scowl on his face.

"Man, all I wanted was the triple-beef burger, but that guy just had to buy the last three! Life is so unfair! My juicy burger noooo! I'm pretty good at beyblade, but I have no luck when it comes to food!" Gingka cried.

"Gingkaaaa!" Kenta yelled in a strained voice.

"Huh, Kenta? What are you doing here?" Gingka asked, while tilting his head.

Just as Kenta began to say something, he crouched down with his hands on his knees. Taking heavy breaths, as he panted rapidly to try to catch his breath.

"I finally—huff—found you Gingka! I've been looking all over town for you!" Kenta panted endlessly.

"Found me? Well I'm here now, so that's nothing to worry about! But why where you looking for me?" Gingka asked with a puzzled look.

"Uhh, don't worry about it! Now come on, follow me!" Kenta replied, shaking his head with the dismissive wave of his hand.

Something seemed off about Kenta, but there was no time to explain. Other bladers started to show up, with a certain hunger in their eyes. A hunger for power, and a hunger to be the best. So, there was no time left to waste. The young boy grabbed Gingka's wrist, dragged him over a bridge, then yanked him behind the nearest tree.

"Kenta wha--" Gingka asked with furrowed brows.

"Phew! That was a close one. I'm glad I got here in time." Kenta huffed, while wiping his brow.

"What was all that about? Why were those bladers chasing me? And in time for what exactly?" Gingka panicked, asking a flurry of questions.

"Just in for the next big tournament!" Kenta cheered enthusiastically, pumping his fist into the air.