Ch. 19.2 - Second Death

Start from the beginning

Cassie: "I don't like it! I really don't like it!" Cassie, meanwhile, starts crouching down in fear.

Petra: "Everyone, stop panicking! The more you run around, the more likely you might run into another trap!"

Cassie: "So this place has been booby-trapped from the start!? I am so getting out of here!"

Jesse: "Wait-- Cassie--!" Aaaaaaaand to make matters worse, Cassie is now running away, violently pushing Stacy out of the way before she storms out of the door, with Winslow following right behind her.

Lukas: "*sigh* So much for a nice dinner party..."

Cassie: "Augh! Oh no!" Suddenly, we hear screams from the other room.

Ivor: "I don't like the sound of that!"

Jesse: "Quick! Before she gets herself killed!" The four of us sprint towards the door, grabbing our weapons ready in the process. We sprint through the already wide open door, taking a defensive stance, ready to take on any threat that might be lurking here, but to our surprise... the lobby is empty.

Petra: "Where did she--?"

Lukas: "Over there!" We spot Cassie standing in front of the open entrance door, shaking, while Winslow is hissing at the zombies trying to get inside.

Jesse: "Shut the door! Shut the door!" We hurriedly dash over there before Ivor pushes Cassie out of the way, and I quickly activate the lever beside the door to close it. The iron door swings in just in time to stop the herd from entering. We managed to save Cassie... just in time... "Huff..." I take a moment to grab a breather as Cassie picks up her now scared cat.

Cassie: "C'mere Winslow... Don't be scared..." Cassie exhales with a still terrified face. "So we're stuck in here... And if we're stuck in here, we're all doomed!" We all stare at Cassie without responding, still breathing heavily from that sprint. Damn... did that really just happen? Everything went by so fast that it took everyone a moment to collect themselves. It wasn't until everyone else walked into the room that the silence finally broke.

Stacy: "Is everyone okay?" We looked at each other.

Cassie: "Yeah... for now..." Everyone started taking a seat on the slabs nearby to cool off.

Lukas: "I still can't believe how fast everything fell apart..."

Jesse: "Yeah... one moment we were still talking to Sparklez, and the next..."

Petra: "What's bugging me more, though, is how quickly everything fell out of control! It just occurred to me how badly everyone acted back there!"

Ivor: "Well, can you blame them? It's not like we were able to stop the situation any quicker." Petra hangs her head low. Yeah... now that I think about it... it also just occurred to me how unprepared we were. Not to mention those freaking lights were making everything worse again! We seriously need to find a way to counter that. And not only that... we let Sparklez die...

Jesse: "In the midst of the chaos, we failed to react properly... tsk... and we're supposed to be the mighty Order of the Stone."

Lukas: "Don't say that... No one could have predicted that to happen. It was as good as a surprise attack."

Jesse: "Yeah... but it still says a lot about how unprepared we were. Back in the kitchen, the lights disoriented us, and that got TorqueDawg killed. And just a moment ago, the same thing happened again with Sparklez! In the midst of the chaos, everyone was running around worried about their own lives so much... that we forgot to even try and save Sparklez..." Everyone fell silent. Yes, I know, everyone was probably scared of the fact they might get killed by the trap themselves if they tried to dig Sparklez out, but it still made me feel guilty...