𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

Start from the beginning

"What about your boyfriend?"

"Christopher?"

I sighed and shook my head before looking at George. I carried a soft smile on my face.

"He's an amazing guy but I don't think he's ever complimented me..."

"Why him?"

"My mother insists on me marrying rich. New money or old money... she doesn't care. I don't even know why I am telling you this."

"Because it feels safe...?"

"Yeah... I guess it does. It's stupid..."

"I know... I don't know why but I have a feeling we've known each other for years even though we haven't."

"Yeah. Well did you have any questions?"

"No. I just overheard your conversation with your mother and thought you would need a way out."

"Thank you."

He gave me a sweet smile and his eyes had a soft sparkle to them. We both stood up and when we walked to the door he pinned me to the door in a quick and smooth move. His hands were burning through the fabric of my dress as he had a little pressure on my hips but it was still so gentle and such a sweet touch. I looked up from where his hands were placed on my body to meet his eyes.

"George... Carmen is right in the living room."

My voice was a soft whisper scared anyone else would hear us.

"I want to break up with her..."

"Why?"

"After the years we spend together I realized she isn't what I'm looking for... and I think you might be. I think you are the woman of my dreams."

I stopped breathing as I looked into his eyes. Did I just hear that correctly?!

"George..."

"I want to take you out for dinner soon... is that okay with you?"

"We cannot be seen together if you are in a relationship with Carmen."

"I will break up with her this weekend if that means you'll go out with me."

"What about my relationship with Christopher?"

"I can treat you better than him."

"How do you know that Christopher doesn't treat me well?"

"Because your cheeks flushed red the moment my hands touched your hips. All the pictures that have leaked of you guys have been staged. Anyone who's been in love knows that. You two were never seen kissing. The most couply thing you guys did on camera was holding hands."

"Christopher doesn't like public affection."

"You are so innocent..."

"You believe that?"

"Should I?"

"Whatever you want..."

I gave the slightest bit of pressure with my palm against his chest and without the slightest bit of doubt George took a few steps back. He's a gentle person... really gentle. I opened the door and looked at him.

"Ladies first."

"I need to lock the door for my father so you can go first."

He gave me a soft smile before leaving the room. I closed the door and turned the lock. I walked to the living room and sat down next to my father. The doorbell rang once again and my mother looked at me.

"Adelaide-Isadora! Go ahead..."

Her face had an excited expression as she looked at me. I gave her a fake smile and a nod before walking to the front door. I opened it and was face to face with Christopher. He was smiling and then he noticed what I was wearing and his smile disappeared as he stepped inside and I closed the door. He looked me up and down once again and I suddenly felt so conscious about my body.

"What are you wearing..."

"A dress..."

"Not a good dress. I can see your stomach. Did you gain a few pounds since last month. Why would you wear it in white? It will only get more attention to your fat stomach and it shows everything."

"I uhm... sorry."

"Yeah you should be."

(1133 words)