Part 14 - The confusion

Magsimula sa umpisa

" We admitted him in Birla Hospital, they conducted some preliminary tests. But due to the first operation , his body wasn't in the condition to undergo another operation immediately. So we stayed in Udaipur for some months, after which the surgery finally happened. Abhir got well and we moved back to Kasauli." Abhinav finished narrating the incident.

" Abhinav...." Akshara stood up and was about to ask the important question.

" Patah hai Akshara... Bhaiji ko pata hai" Abhinav answered the unasked question.

Akshara felt her head spinning as she was about to plop down on the bed Abhinav turned around, ran and caught her and made her sit on the bed.

Her face turned pale in shock.

" Abhinav.. usne abhir ko.." Akshara's voice trembled.

" Since Abhir was unwell at that time, he kept the matter under wrap for some time. But somehow Manajri ji" he paused as the name bought the sour memories of her accident back.

" His mother influenced him due to which he filed for his custody. Unknown to Abhir, the pre trials of the case was going on , but in the mean time Abhir's health got worse . Bhaiji did the surgery. All three of us unanimously agreed to postpone the case for some days due to Abhir . " Abhinav looked at her as she nodded at him to continue.

" After surgery, Abhir wanted to go to Kasauli but Bhaiji had gone to a camp . Unable to contact him , we decided to give in to Abhir's whim as we conveyed the decision to Saali ji and took him to Kasauli .

But Bhaiji took us wrongly that we had taken Abhir without his permission, so he came to kasauli. He had stayed with us in our home for some days. Somehow Abhir too learned the truth that I was not his real papa" Abhinav closed his eyes as a tear dropped down his eyes .

He felt Akshara's hand on his hands caressing it in comfort.

" Inbetween all this Saale saab and Muskaan's wedding got fixed. As everyone from our family gathered in kasauli for the wedding, somethings happened in which Abhir also learnt that Bhai ji was his father.

On the day of the wedding, Abhir in front of everyone chose me saying that no one could replace me as his father. So Bhaiji gave up the custody case to not cause pain to anyone further. " Abhinav skipped some details and completed the narrative .

Akshara sighed in relief , as Abhinav forwarded a glass of water to her she gulped it in a second.

" Abhinav can I? " She asked pointing to his shoulder as he nodded.

She slowly rested her head on his shoulder

It felt like home

Mentally even before, but physically now she felt comfortable around him, her inhibitions were nowhere to be found.

" Our betu chose us! But no suprise, aap toh uska Jaan hai...he will even live without me.. but aapke bina there is no chance" Akshara said smiling slightly.

" Thank god! Atleast it has all ended amicably" Akshara felt content.

" Yeah ... just when I thought everything was finally going fine, this accident happened. Jaan nikal gayi thi meri Akshara... agar aap ko kuch ho Jata toh mei.." Abhinav stopped as he realized he had been blurting out his emotions .

Akshara sat up straightly and looked at him as he tried to mask his emotions.

' Something has changed between them for sure.' Akshara couldn't shake the feeling.

"Abhinav, I'm fine now ! From now on, it will only be happy times for us" She assured him softly squeezing his hand.

" Wo..... phone aaraha hai.... I will come back shortly " Abhinav escaped from the room showing his phone.