7. ʏᴜᴋᴏɴ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴘᴏᴛᴀᴛᴏ

·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·

·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

*Natasha's POV*

It's a meeting and it's important, Ross had called. It was also past twelve. I sighed as I stood up to go, it wasn't like I was going to sleep anyways. A small voice jerked me out of my thoughts as I looked to my right, and down a bit too.

Morgan, Tony's kid stood smiling up at me, "Where ya going?" She grinned. I chuckled, she was a cute kid and far less annoying than her father.

"Hey kiddo," I smiled, "Shouldn't you be asleep?" I asked her, ruffling her brown hair.

She gave me an adorable frown, tilting her head to the side, "Should I?" She mused then shook her head happily, "I should."

I couldn't help but chuckle as she spoke, "Well if you aren't gonna go to bed, how about you come with me to get your dad because we all know he's not showing up unless we make him." I sighed, rolling my eyes at the thought.

"Okay!" Morgan called happily and skipped off towards Tony's lab. Of course he was in his lab. I followed the bouncing seven year old to his lab, walking a little ways behind her as I was wrapped in my thoughts. I glanced up and saw her plop down on the steps, grinning at her dad, who was sitting at his table, looking over a hologram.

He glanced up when he heard Morgan and a smile that the other avengers and I knew only came up with Morgan (and occasionally Peter but he'd never admit that) spread across his face. "Hey Maguna, now why are you up so late?"

"Hi daddy," Morgan replied, "Ms. Nat said I had to call you for the meeting or you wouldn't show up." I knew Tony couldn't see me from this angle so I looked out to see his reaction.

His emotions looked mixed and he pressed a finger to his lips, shaking his head at Morgan, "Tell her I'll be down in a bit, ok kiddo?" He asked, glancing back at his work. I knew Stark, he wouldn't be down if his life depended on it unless someone else forced him.

"Okay daddy." Morgan smiled, pushing herself to her feet.

"Oh and kiddo," Tony added, causing Morgan to look back up at him, "I love you tons." He whispered with a warm smile.

Morgan's small face lit up, "I love you 3000." She replied.

"Now go to bed kiddo." Tony chuckled as he beckoned her over and gave her a kiss on the head before sending her off. Morgan bounded back past me and left, presumably off to her room. I had to admit watching Stark and his kid, it was a cute interaction. I waited a few moments to see if Tony would get up for the meeting but he didn't and I'd expected as much.

"Well, Stark," I smirked slightly, walking down the stairs to where he could see me, "What's a bit by your terms?" I chuckled as he looked up startled.

He quickly composed himself, "Nat, I was going in a bit." I raised my eyebrows, sure he was. "I meant right now..." He sighed, rearranging his things before standing. I smirked, satisfied I'd won.

"I'll see you down then, Stark." I nodded, turning and leaving as I headed towards the meeting room myself. 

When I'd arrived, everyone was down except for Tony. Even a bored looking Bucky Barnes and a disgruntled Kate Bishop, dressed in Christmas pajamas with her hair in a messy ponytail. Tony came down a few minutes later, dressed in a suit with a serious look on his face as he sat down. Ross and a couple of others, me included, raised our eyebrows. Tony just shrugged at us as if saying' "What are you all looking at."

Ross sighed and turned to face all of us again as he spoke, "You're probably wondering why I called you all as it is quite late." Kate raised her hand and I saw Clint place his hand on his forehead in disappointment, basically facepalming. "Yes, Ms. Bishop?" Ross asked, as exasperated as Clint.

"Mr. Agent. President. Sir. Ross man, if you didn't know, its 12-," She paused, checking a clock on the wall, "1:21 in the morning."

Ross chuckled lightly though we could all tell he was annoyed with the younger girl, "Good observation Ms. Bishop, glad to know you have a sense of humor."

"Oh no," Kate said, shaking her head seriously, "I take my sleep hours very seriously Mr. Agent. President. Sir-" 

My sister quickly interjected, most likely trying to keep her friend out of Ross's bad side. "How about, I take Kate outside and my sister can fill us in late?" Yelena offered with a smile, her accent prominent as she spoke, grabbing her friend's hand and giving me a pointed look as she dragged her out.

I hid my smirk under my hand but saw the other avengers weren't doing much better of a job to hide their amusement. Ross was not amused in the slightest. "You were saying about gathering us here?" Clint said quickly, drawing the attention away from Yelena's annoyed scolding that slowly faded away.

"Right." Ross said, dusting himself off, "As I was saying, I called you to investigate a growing threat that we believe could be linked to or worse than HYDRA."

"Worse than HYDRA?" Tony raised his eyebrows, "What is this DRAGON or something?" I could tell we were all wanting to go to bed so I couldn't blame him for the comment.

"Close Stark." Ross sighed, He slid us a piece of paper where we all crowded around it. On it, there was a logo along with the word CHIMERA. 

"What is a Chimera?" Scott Lang asked, except he pronounced it as ch-uh-mara

"A Chimera!" Thor exclaimed, "Fearsome beasts with lion's head, goat's body, and snake's tail!"

"Who would want a goat's body?" Tony frowned and I had to admit he was right.

Ross sighed, "The point is, we've heard from sources that CHIMERA is growing its numbers and we believe they are involved in some form of bigger plan. You may all go to bed now, expect to hear from me soon." He left the room, and I knew for a fact he was done with us. 

"Well that's a wrap, night guys." Tony shrugged and headed off, most likely to his lab and not bed. We all said our goodbyes and goodnights and left to our respective rooms.