Chapter 9: No Mercy on Sasuke or Sakura

Начните с самого начала

"Where is Sasuke?" you asked.

"In a top security facility." He told you. "That's all you need to know."

"He caused hell in my city, I should get to see him and ask him question, you know. Beat him with my own monstrous strength." You frowned.

"He doesn't need to see you until he is in stable condition, and until we have him secured, you and your brothers are to stay down here." Kakashi gave you a look that told you that he was expecting an answer. "You cannot even return yet to your own home yet."

You sighed. "You're right."

"It's about time you got some sleep." He pulled the covers up to your neck. "You've had quite the trip."

"Yeah," tears began to fill your eyes, "I have. I'm glad to be back in the village...to see my fellow comrades once again for all these years."

Kakashi swallowed his emotions...for now. He used his sleeve to wipe the tears from your eyes and then gave you a hug.

"Don't cry, everything's alright now." The silver-haired man put the glass of water on the table again.

His voice sounded distant to you, but you made yourself ignore it. You did not wish to get into another ordeal so soon. You were exhausted and would have to explain everything to your family as soon as you woke up. You would be in so much trouble.

Your lips were dry, your skin faded from the lively color it had once been. The beeping of the IVmachine was an earsore. Your hair was dry, your skin cried for moisture, and the sound of your voice had been missed for years now.

"How much longer do you intend to keep this up?" Sakura asked, clutching her clipboard to her chest. "She hasn't gotten any better, and even if she woke up now, she is too heavily dependent on the machines to even-"

A glare from Naruto was all it took for her to be quiet. "She definitely won't wake up hearing something so negative like that. You're always around her filling her head with that negativity, you'll give her bad dreams, and she'll definitely give up."

"She can't even hear me, right Kakashi, Sasuke?!" The pink-haired woman looked at the other males in the room but gained no support.

Hinata, who was sitting in the chair beside the hospital bed, leaned forward to put her head onto your chest, hoping the sound of it beating would convince her not to start sobbing again.

"Sakura, you said yourself that (Y/n) is in a dream state for at least some of the time. W-Why don't we try to stimulate some sort of...a-any kind of activity that could help her wake up?" She barely got out her words before her weeping accompanied the sound of the IV machine.

"We'll have to try a different method of stimulation in the morning." Sakura said. "You all have to leave the hospital so that it can shut down this section for the night."

Begrudgingly, the four left the room, leaving Sakura with you. Once she was sure that the hallway was clear, she sat in the seat beside the bed that Hinata had just been in.

"Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, everyone would visit you all of the time, but life had to go on without you. You're just...too heavy of a burden. I mean, sure, I could take care of you like I used to, but it's not like I had to do very much to make you at least look presentable for everyone so that it looked like you were being cared for well. I only did it so that Sasuke would stop badgering me about taking care of his poor, ex-girlfriend."

Sakura put down her clipboard,revealing a small glass bottle of a liquid that would stimulate the brain enough for the you to listen to your surroundings mixed with a substance that would maintain you practically comatose state.