"Me?" Thor said, confused.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned," Fury explained.

"My people want nothing but peace with your people," Thor defended.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" Fury asked. "And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled," Fury continued.

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve quizzed.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki in, and his allies. It is a signal to all of the realms that Earth is ready for a higher form of war," Thor said, raising his voice slightly.

"A higher form?" Steve questioned.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something-" Fury began.

"A nuclear deterrent. Because that always calms everything right down," Tony commented.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark," Fury argued.

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck-deep-" Steve began but got cut off.

"Hold on. How is this now about me?" Tony questioned.

"I'm sorry. Isn't everything?" Steve quipped.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this," Thor stated smugly.

"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury asked, turning towards the blonde.

"You treat your champions with such mistrust," Thor raised his voice again.

"Are you boys really that naive?" Natasha asked, joining the argument. "S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats," she continued.

Jaime sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose before grabbing a chair to sit on and watched the chaos break free.

"Captain America's on threat watch?" Bruce asked.

"We all are," Natasha responded.

"Wait, you're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees? What about you, King Kong?" Tony asked, turning towards Jaime.

"Don't call me that," she warned.

"Or what?" Tony challenged.

"Fuck around and find out," she said, giving him a death stare.

"Stark, so help me God if you make one more wisecrack-" Steve began.

"Threat! Verbal threat," Tony said dramatically.

Jaime sighed, shaking her head as she watched the idiots around her.

No one in the room noticed that Loki's sceptre was glowing brightly as they continued to argue. Natasha had unconsciously moved closer to Jaime.

"You speak of control yet you court chaos," Thor argued.

"That's his M.O, isn't it?" Bruce asked, grabbing Jaime's attention as everyone turned towards him. "I mean, what are we, a team? No, we're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're a time bomb."

"You need to step away," Fury ordered.

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony asked, placing his hand on Steve's shoulder, to which Jaime rolled her eyes.

"You know damn well why. Back off!" Steve shouted, pushing Tony's hand off his shoulder.

"I'm starting to want you to make me," Tony said.