13 - Alien

" Hey hey hey! Did you hear the new 3racha song? " Hyunjin came jumping towards him as soon as the class ended. His eyes widened and he shook his head.

" What?! 3racha had a comeback!? How come I didn't know?! " He was clearly baffled because he, the 3racha worshiper, 3racha's hardcore fan, the die-hard enthusiast didn't know they had released a new song. How could he!

" No not 3racha, it's a single by J.One. "

" J.One! " Forget 3racha, how could he not listen to the song released by his bias?!
How could he? How could he let hyunjin hear the song before himself?!

Shame on you Minho. Shame shame shame.

Without hesitation, Minho tugged at the earcords in hyunjin's ears and unplugged it from his phone. " Hey! "

" I'm borrowing it thanks! " He shouted as he had already sprinted away to a secluded place, i.e rooftop, to hear his bias sing in peace.

He plugged the cords into his phone and tapped on the recent video of 3racha's YouTube account.

The only thing predictable about life is
Its unpredictability

The intro started and Minho was already bobbing his head along with the lyrics.

Jigue tuk tteoreojin, I'm an alien on this earth
Na hollo eodiedo sokhaji anha boigo
Amuri useobwado I feel so lonely
Jiguingwa seokkiryeogo deuneun oegyein
Sori nae mareul haebwado nugudo deutjil anha

It has been two days since the release of the song and here he was waltzing in his kitchen with a spatula as his make-shift mic as he sang slash yelled the lyrics on the top of his lungs.

" Calm down Minho, you don't want the whole neighbourhood to place a noise complaint now, do you? " His mom yelled from her bedroom but she was unheard as the radio continued to let out Han Jisung's melodious voice along with Minho's own yelling one.

After the song ended Minho replayed the song for the 100th time since that day at school and waited for the robotic voice to start again.

The only thing predictable about life is
Its unpredictability
Anyone can be anything
You can be everything

" The only thing predictable about life is
Its unpredictability
Anyone can be anything
You can be everything. " Minho repeated the lines with a monotonous voice of his own but before he could sing the chorus his voice suddenly stopped in his throat and his eyes shined in realisation.

" Wait what? " He replayed the intro of the song and listened to every single word carefully and when the line came up, he couldn't believe himself.

He immediately ran upstairs to his bathroom and searched the table beside the sink for the familiar yet strange piece of paper.

" Where did it go? " He muttered to himself as he tried to find in the laundry bucket.
" Hah found it! " He exclaimed when his fingertips touched the cool metallic ridges of the paper.

He removed it not so gently, but carefully enough to not tear it apart and removed the small creases on it before reading the lines again.

19th June 2026

You can be anything,
You are everything.

P.s Husband <3

" So I wrote this in one of my J.One fanboying sessions huh. " He assumed that the husband written there implied to Han Jisung as the lyrics were of his new song.