I walk down to the gym and push open the doors, slugging the gym bag off of my shoulder, which carried my phone, headphones, a water bottle and a towel, and headed over to the treadmill. Today, I had to work a bit more on my legs.

A sigh left my lips as I plopped the bag beside the treadmill and grabbed my headphones playing some music, clipped the safety clip to my shirt and beginning to slowly walk as a warm up.

Humming the music wasn't common when I trained legs. It was a distraction from the burning pain of aching thighs. However, it meant that I didn't hear the door open nor the throw of another bag. I did hear the aggressive punching sounds coming from across from me.

Turning my head to the side, I saw a large man with a sweatshirt and sweatpants, hood up, brutally beating the punching bag. His fists landed with strong force and precision, I couldn't take my eyes off how skilled he was. The bag was wheezing for mercy, but the brute kept going. My eyes lit up slightly, who on our team is that good?

Shifting my focus back to the screen of the treadmill, I increase the speed to a comfortable run. Not enough to get my core aching but not too slow to be slacking off. My mouth exhales light pants as my feet land on the rubber, trying not to make too much noise to disturb the man whilst the music flowed through my headphones.

The punches ceased, them being so loud they go through the music like a hot knife to butter, causing my head to turn to the quietness only to be met with a balaclava and a pair of familiar hazelly brown eyes and blonde eyelashes looking directly at me. I smile gently and nod to greet Ghost, with him doing the same - I had no idea if he chose to smile or not, but from how his eyes remained dull, I suppose not.

I turn back and up the speed to push myself more, going to a core burning run. Checking my watch, I give myself a timer of five minutes at the pace before increasing it once more. Biting my tongue not to pant too loudly was one of the most difficult things I had to do.

The punches resumed, a sigh left me only letting pants of tiredness trickle out my mouth. Sweat drips from my forehead as my arms and legs pump - this wasn't even the fastest I planned to go. Checking the watch once more, I had two minutes. A sharp inhale in was my only fuel.

Me and Ghost did our own things, not a single word to each other. However, the atmosphere had that same strange comfort as it was outside when he had his cigarette. It seemed even weirder upon hearing his punches cease exactly as my two minutes ended. Huh.

I landed my feet on the edges and stood wide legged, letting my chest rise and fall heavily before wiping my glistening forehead with my arm and increasing the speed once more and adding a bit more angle to the treadmill. A groan and a complaining mumble left my lips, but things had to be done.

My burning legs only got hotter, practically sprinting as if I were being chased down a hallway. At the same time, the punches resumed. Instead of me planning this speed for ten minutes, I chose myself five. At this rate, I'd be unable to walk back to my room. A quick check of the watch; three minutes.

Fuck, this burns like hell.

I groan and pant, not even acknowledging the noises I make; my music blasts through my ears being the only thing my brain takes note of. The song Black Skinhead by Kanye West blasts in my ears as I pace in time with the drums of the song, the lyrics echoing in my head as I nod my head to try distract myself as much as I can.

A check of the watch, one minute.

Come on Y/N. You can do this.

Adrenaline rushes through my head and my thumb reaches the increase speed switch, flicking it higher. I feel like a cheetah hunting down prey as I glare at the wall, sprinting past my limit. The burn through my legs sets me off more, lighting fuse after fuse. The seconds imaged through my head.

Only ten left.

The time decreased in slow motion, like some sort of intense movie.

Three...

Two...

As soon as it hit one, I pull the safety clip and land my feet on the sides of the treadmill, watching the rubber track slow down. Beads of sweat fall from my nose as my head looks down, my lungs desperately crying for oxygen and the flaring of my legs isn't blocked from adrenaline anymore.

"Fuck..." I groan, squeezing the safety bars at the side with my hands, making my knuckles white. Biting the inside of my cheek, I shuffle slowly off of the treadmill. As soon as my feet touch the floor, I topple over falling straight on my ass, groaning in pain. My back lands on the floor and I lay down with eyes shut, taking deep breaths. A shadow coats over me.

"I'm impressed."

My eyes open, sliding one of the headphones off to be polite, to see the masked man looking down at me. I smile tiredly and nod.

"Thanks."

"You were quick. Well done."

I hum tiredly, seeing his hand extended. I lift my arm and grip it only to feel him gently get me back on my feet. I grown as soon as my knees get my body weight back on them.

"Can you walk?" he asks, I nod. "Are you sure?"

I laugh softly and nod once more in response to his light humour, stumbling to my duffle bag and grabbing the towel, wiping down my face and chest, then getting my water and squirting it into my mouth. A wave of pleasure hits me as soon as I take my first swallow.

"So needed." I mumble as I put it back. Taking my headphones off fully and putting them in my bag, I turn around to see Ghost still standing there.

"Too tired?"

"Not sure yet. I'm shattered but future me will hate me now for doing so."

He exhales amused.

"Have a seat." he says, nodding his head to a bench near the punching bags. "Don't mind some company."