Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Compromised

---

Athena's POV

A sudden loud crash from the rooftop and the sound of guns blazing outside the safe house pierced my ears. Who the fuck leaked our safe house?

"Athena, get out of there! We need to move out!" Uri urgently knocked on my door.

I opened the door, gun in hand, and returned to my room to grab the box and Rita's hard drive. With my team, we rushed out of the room.

"Agent Athena, there's a helicopter underground. Just follow the arrows," Rita instructed.

The arrows illuminated on the floor, guiding us to a hidden underground passage.

"That's so cool!" Q commented.

As we tried to enter, someone leaped in front of us, blocking the way. Dressed in a tuxedo with a black tie and a long coat, a black mask covered half of his face. It's Fury, the hit man.

"Where do you think you're going, Athena?"

A familiar voice reached my ears, accompanied by a hint of fading lavender.

"Enrico?" I faintly called him out.

"Darling?" I once more called out to him.

He raised his eyebrows seemingly confused, "Agent Enrico is dead." 

There's no chance he's dead. The individual I'm confronting is undoubtedly him. I'm convinced he's been compromised, yet I firmly believe he's still within, fighting. According to the document my Grandfather handed me, Calvin Walker devised a scientific apparatus capable of manipulating an individual's system. Essentially, he manipulated Enrico to align with his cause.

"Enrico, I'm aware you're in there. Resist it!" I exclaimed, attempting to connect with him.

His body language signaled mental instability, indicating there might still be a chance to reclaim him. He clutched his head, possibly struggling with a headache.

"Stop. I need you to come with me." He brandished a Desert Eagle handgun in my direction.

Without hesitation, I complied. I had to rescue Enrico.

"Athena, what on earth are you doing?" Kayla scolded.

I turned to her, shooting her a look to communicate that I had a plan and for her to stay composed. She reciprocated with a supportive glance.

Returning my focus to Enrico, I approached with raised hands. A few inches away, I embraced him warmly. I missed him dearly. He stood like a statue, seemingly unable to move, struck silent by my actions. Peering into his eyes, I gently cupped his face.

"Enrico, it's me. Your favorite Goddess, remember?" With my hand still cradling his face, I rested my head on his broad chest.

"A-Athena?"

I'm sorry, Enrico, but it's necessary. I'll only inflict pain on you once, my love.

I incapacitated him using Rita's device, cleverly concealed in my secret pocket within my mother's leather jacket. The shock administered through the small dome at its end was substantial enough to induce a deep sleep. 

He fell into my shoulders, "You're home, Enrico." 

In a serious situation, I dragged him all the way to the helicopter. "Rita, can you scan him and see if there's any tracking devices on him?"