Chapter 2

Bruce POV

We ran up the stairs and I threw open the door and inside the room which contained a sleeping Nico was a blond haired teenage boy that had bright tan skin and big blue eyes. He tried to grab Nico and Jason threw a batarang at him as I ran over to Nico. I quickly picked him and ran to the other side of the room while the boys were fighting this mysterious stranger.

Nico started to stir awake and I bolted to the spare bedroom and put him down on the bed as he quickly went back into his deep slumber. He needed his rest and no random boy was going to interrupt that. I locked the door and ran back into the room with the mysterious teenager. He saw me return with Nico and yelled "Where did you take him now!"

Maybe Nico knew who this strange boy is. The battle was a bit longer than I expected but soon the boys had pinned the teenager down and had brought him for questioning in the bat cave. We tied him down to a chair while he kept yelling at us about Nico and that we were evil kidnappers. Whoever this boy was seemed to know who Nico was and maybe that's what Nico was scared about.

Then I went up and asked him "Who are you and what do you want with Nico?" in my batman voice. the boy than said "Will Solace and I want him back!" Me and the boys decided to regroup and I said to them "I don't know who this crazy person is but I don't want them around Nico." Dick then said "What is the deal with this kid anyways?" Jason then said after dick "We should interrogate him that way we can know more information about him and who he is." We agreed and went back over to the strange boy.

I asked the first question "how do you know Nico?" the boy stared at me for a few seconds than said "Im his ex" he said through strained teeth. Then Jason asked "How old are you?" The boy responded with "17." We exchanged glances because Nico just recently turned 14 from what it said in his files. Jason then proceeded to say "Why is a nearly legal adult doing dating teenagers?" The boy spluttered for a few moments before he said "Well, just give back Nico you kidnappers!"

I didn't trust this guy for one second. I would have to up the security in Nicos room now, I couldn't have this guy breaking in when we weren't there. I didn't know if we should release him or send him someplace else. I heard someone call me and I turned to see Dick signalling me to come over. I walked my way through the bat cave to him and listened to what he said.

Dick said "B, what are we going to do about this weirdo?" In all honesty I didn't know for certain. I then said to the boys "How about we up the security and send him back to where he came from." We agreed upon this and decided to bring the boy outside of Gotham. We then went back over to him and I said "We are taking you outside of the city and don't try to come back." The boy stared at us with pure rage and anger, we just picked him up, tied up and Jason drove him out of the city. So then we went to check on Nico.

When we found him, he was out of the bed and was looking around curious at the room and was trying to find an exit. He clearly hadn't know what had transpired just below him. Nico finally noticed us in the room and said "Hey, what happened?" We exchanged looks before I said to him "Somebody tried to break into your room we just had to deal with it."

He took the answer and nodded. I then noticed the time and said "Alright we should be having dinner right about now. So let's go to the dining room and help Alfred set up." The boys then went downstairs and helped Nico find where the dining room and kitchen was. I would have to give him a tour tomorrow and we would also need to find him some clothes.

Dick was on dishes, Tim was on cutlery, Damian was on serviettes and I made Nico help Alfred set out the food which is usually Jason's job but he was busy right now. We then sat down at the table and Nico then said "Why isn't Alfred sitting with us?" I looked over at him and said "Because Alfred has this code of conduct where he eats after us. It has something to do with his job at the house." Nico nodded at the new information and started to play with his food.