✯ 38 ✯ The Second & Third Rounds

Start from the beginning

"I can't with you. I never expected you to act this way," I huffed.

Iida and I exited the field together. Halfway back to the booth Iida walked off to call his brother. Guilt and nerves rang through me at the thought of Ingenium. I couldn't go back to the booth like this, so I went somewhere else. It was still uncrowded, but I could see the field from here. I watched the next round, between Ashido and Tokoyami, with Tokoyami winning quickly by knocking Ashido out. I then spotted Izuku entering the railing area a bit further away as Katsuki and Kirishima were already within their match.

Kirishima had managed to cut Katsuki's cheek, and with Katsuki's quirk being countered by Kirishima's hardening he was now dodging Kirishima's attacks.

"Whoa, Kaachan's on the defensive? I guess Kirishima's quirk seems simple on the surface, but it's still effective," Izuku muttered.

"Izuku, muttering again?" I asked.

"(Y/N)! H-hi! I...I'm sorry I missed your match," he apologized.

"No worries, I heard you had a surgery to focus on," I smiled.

Izuku smiled nervously and my smile quickly faded.

"How many times have I told you to be careful! Let me see your hand," I ordered.

Izuku offered his hand and I frowned.

"I was really hoping you'd avoid this," I muttered.

"Hmm?" Izuku asked.

"Injuries like this are bound to occur when you're so harsh on your body," I quickly fixed my mistake.

"(L/N)! Oh, and Midoriya, I take it that your surgery went well. I'm glad," Iida called, walking towards us.

"Oh yeah, thank you. And sorry about your loss," Izuku said.

"I'm right here you know," I huffed.

The two chuckled as I pouted.

"You're up against Todoroki," Iida mentioned.

"Mhm, let's hope it goes well," I chuckled.

"I'm sure it will. Todoroki is your friend after all," Iida assured.

"Still, with him using his fire. It could be difficult for you to beat him..." Izuku said before rambling more.

"I'm not sure if he will use his fire. He seems pretty...worried about it. He just needs time to think things through," I smiled.

"I'm sure he'll be alright," I said as Izuku grabbed my hand to comfort me.

"Anyway, is Ingenium excited about how far you got? He must be so proud of you," Izuku said.

"I'm not sure. I called him earlier, but he was working," Iida said.

"Oh, sorry," Izuku replied.

"No, it's for the best. When we do talk I'll get to tell him how amazing my classmates were," Iida said, smiling down at me.

"I'm sure he'll be very proud of you," I smiled.

"What?! Bakugou is countering again?!" Mic announced.

This caught our attention and dragged our eyes back to the match.

"But what's this?! It seems to be landing this time!" Mic announced.

Katsuki created large explosion after large explosion before sending Kirishima into unconsciousness.

"Kirishima has been knocked out. Bakugou is the winner!" Midnight announced.