Timeline

This story takes place before the start of the novel, a month after the first meeting of Alex and Henry that happens canonically at the Rio Olympics in summer of 2016. (So they haven't hated each other that long). Henry's father has died 14 months earlier, as in the canon, around June of 2015.

All the pre-novel canon is the same as in the book (Henry is still a Prince, and Alex is still son of the future-President) with one exception: Henry's grandmother died about four years ago, so Henry's mother has been queen for the past few years. You'll see why this change was important for my story to have a different environment for Henry than in the novel.

Alex isn't friends with Nora yet so she's not in this story. Pez goes to high school in London so he also won't show up a lot. (Or whatever they call high-school in England, I'm not British sorry).

Also, I know that Henry is actually a year older than Alex, but in this story they are still in the same school year (Alex is 17 going into senior year and Henry is 18). I'm not exactly sure if Alex would be in his senior year of high school the year his mom got elected in the novel, but just roll with it, thanks. (If you're looking for stories that stick very close to canon, which is what I usually like to write, check out my other stories "Bet We Could Make Some MORE" which takes place after the book and follows all the canon and "The Super Six - Around The World in 180 days" which is canon-divergent after hotel-footage leak).

So, if Henry's mother was queen and Alex transferred to Henry's boarding school in year 12, what would've happened? Find out ahead...