Hello Again, Brother Bull

The drive to the Demon Bull King's home was filled with heat waves washing down over them.

"Uuuugh, MacDonalds, PLEASE can we use your shadows to cool off?" Mei whimpered, stretching towards the warrior. Macaque grimaced, hissing as he hid behind the king's glowing form, "No! Lady Bone Demon's puppets can find us quicker if I blast out my magic!"

MK whined, shoving his unconscious mentor aside, "Then snuggle with us! We're melting!" The ebony monkey hissed again, picking up Wukong and rolling him under a bunk, "No! And leave your poor mentor alone! He needs to reconnect with his body."

The van suddenly sputtered, coming to a sudden stop.

---

Macaque grumbled, still sour about the fact MK had willingly traded his mentor. Wukong was not someone they could replace, thank you very much!

Mei smirked, a small glint in her eyes, "You sure seem upset. Boyfriend got snatched?" Macaque flushed, swatting the girl, "He's not my boyfriend! Calm down." Sandy called out from the front, "We're arriving at our destination!"

Tang emerged, poking Wukong softly, "...So how do we get him up?"

Macaque moved, a memory flashing as he ran his claws gently against the king's palms. It was something they'd learned to do whenever they needed to pull each other out of their heads. The warrior knew the king would react, albeit slower than usual.

Golden-red eyes blinked open, moving to meet the warrior's gaze. Wukong smiled, tail thumping behind him, "Are we here?" Macaque, caught up in the moment, nodded dumbly. He let go of the ginger's hands slowly, backing away and watching Wukong stretch.

The sage sighed, glancing over at his successor, "Hey, bud? Mind getting Sandy here? I'm really, really sorry... But uh, my legs aren't responding."

---

Demon Bull King stared at the guests his son let in.

Wukong was laid over the blue man's shoulders, resembling a lazy cat. The monkey beamed up at him, waving his hands, "Hi!" The bull reached out, a desperate hope in his heart causing his eyes to stare solely at his brother, ears deaf to anyone's words.

He scooped up the ginger, examining him with critical eyes. Large hands squeezed gently, and he could feel wild fur, bandages, and the warmth of blood flowing beneath the monkey's skin.

"You... You got it back." Wukong beamed openly, laughing giddily, "I got it back!" Red Son suddenly moved forward, trying to shove everyone into the living room. Wukong poked his elder brother, "We need to talk."

---

"So what have you been doing all this time, Red?" Mei popped the question easily, shifting the focus towards the fire demon.

Red Son sat up, face emitting pride, "We have been sending out bull clones to fight back against the magic. Sigils, barriers, and camps have been put up. They also work in recovering anyone trapped in ice, luckily they only seem to be stuck in time. Not dead."

Mei grinned, a mischievous glint in her eyes, "Sooo heroic..."

"SHUT UP." Flames flared for a few seconds until Princess Iron Fan placed a hand against her son's shoulder. She turned towards Macaque, "Why are you here?" The shadow user leaned forward, arms propped against his knees, "The Samadhi Fire must be released. It is our last hope."

Wukong wiggled, turning while still in the bull's arms, "And we know who should have it! Red Son! I have watched him grow, trust me, he can take it back." Red Son frowned, "Take it back..?" He glanced at the scholar, and Tang discreetly retold the story.