"Hello everyone," said Yunjin with a wai.

Winter's dad cleared his throat to gather everyone's attention. "So, now tell me, which of you girls is Winter's girlfriend?"

Their mouths fell open at the blunt question. Winter brought her hands to her face and said, "Ugh, dad, stop it!"

The man chuckled. "Hey, tiger, what's the matter? I'm just curious, okay?"

"How many times should I tell you that I'm single?" Winter's voice is muffled from hiding her face behind her palms. Karina still finds it cute, tho.

"What? I can't believe it! You're a disgrace to this family," said Winter's dad, his hands on his waist. "You surely have pretty friends here and you don't like any of them? What happened to your taste?"

Winter groaned even more.

"Maybe she hasn't moved on from Minju yet?" Aunt Yaya said this time.

"Ahh, the one that got away, huh? Tsk, tsk, tsk." The man shook his head in disappointment. "If tiger here wasn't a slowpoke I'm pretty sure they've been officially together, right?"

"Dad..."

"Oh, but there was a girl you were calling when we were in Bali. What happened to her?"

Winter and Karina had an eye contact for a fraction of a second before Winter went to look back at her dad and shrugged.

"What? That didn't work out too? Jeez. You even bought her something. Was that a ali-"

"DAD!"

"What? I thought that girl was special?"

Winter looked down at her hands and said, "it's not like what you're thinking. W-we're just friends"

Karina looked down at her feet feeling guilty about it.

"Aish!" Winter's dad shook his head again. He turned to Ning. "Didn't you teach your best friend here a thing or two about girls? You're the expert here, right?"

"I just learned from you, master," said Ning, chuckling. Giselle elbowed her to make her stop. "But I've changed, uncle," she continued, putting her arm around Giselle's shoulder. "I'm serious about this one."

"Oooh, okay. I'll keep my mouth shut then." Winter's dad said, zipping up the imaginary zipper on his mouth. "So, I'll leave you kids for now. I'll drive Yaya back to her restaurant first, okay?"

"I'll be back later, Winter." Aunt Yaya said, kissing the top of her niece's head.

"Thanks, aunt. Dad, you drive safely, okay?"

"Agh, you're old man's reflexes are still kicking fine, don't worry about me. I'll see you later, tiger." He leaned over to kiss Winter's head too.

There was a brief silence when the siblings left the room.

"So, you're Yunjin?" Giselle initiated the conversation, walking towards her.

Yunjin turned to Winter with a puzzle look on her face. The latter just smiled at her. She looked back at Giselle and said, "Yes."

Giselle turned to Winter this time. "Is she the one whom you talk the most of the time on the phone?"

"Uh.. yeah." said Winter, looking hesitant.

Giselle went back to Yunjin this time, "So, I suppose you're Winter's girlfriend?"

Yunjin grimaced immediately. "No, no! We're not together.."

Winter laughed at the question. "Giselle, don't bully her. Yunjin is a good friend of mine, okay?"

Karina raised an eyebrow. Good friend?