Stacy's brotha

Jake was walking towards his school  gates, his heart hanging low knowing that he was going to see Stacy and her brother. He felt liberosis, but he knew he couldn't care less about this. He walked shaking his friends hated him at the moment or he thought so he had no one to talk to.

He put in his earbuds and walked around listening to bottom by McCaffry. He walked until he saw his peers all get up and drag their feet as he followed. He heard the small bits of chatter through his earbuds that were blasting songs from his playlist. 

He walked up the stairs behind the other slow kids and slammed into his chair for his first hour class. Which was ELA. he turned to see Drew there confused. He looked at him.drew sighed and sat next to him.

Jake took out his earbuds as Drew had motioned for him to do. 

“Yeah?” Jake said in a shaky voice, scared. 

“Dont worry im not mad at you anymore i can't force you to like my sister..”

“Why Are you here?” jake said being relieved.

“I.. can't read well.. Like i can barely spell.” he said blushing from embarrassment.

“Really? I can't do math, but I can read very well. I can't help teach you? if that's okay.”

“Okay.. i'll teach you math. Also mrs spence is now also the math and ELA teacher because mr waters got fired for watching… you know.” Drew said as he saw speance walk in.

Jake sighed and hid his ear buds as she started shouting at the kids she didn't like. Jake sat there waiting to be next.

“Jake! Sit up straight! You look like a slob! Come to school in appropriate attire!” she shouted. She then went around to her favorites and was a sweetheart to all of them. Jake rolled his eyes as she had her back turned. Jake decided while she was yapping he strat helping drew.

While they were whispering and not being distracting at all mrs spence screamed at them at the top of her lungs. Jake side eyed the teacher as they shut up. Finally that class was over and jae and drew had left. 

Jake and Drew walked their separate ways and went to their next classes. Jake was going to PE and Drew was heading his way down to the band.  Jake changed out of his clothes and put on his gym clothes and walked out. He heard some whispers from kids around him.

Once Jake had gotten out from school once the day was over he got a long text from Stacey and his heart dropped. It was a confession. He left her on delivery for the moment as he stuffed his phone in his pocket and plopped on his bed. 

He went to drews contact.

Jake: You can come over for a reading lesson, don't bring your sister please.

He pressed send and turned his phone off. Screaming into a pillow.

I just invited him over by himself! Just the two of us!! Oh… stacey.. I feel really bad but i can't tell her.. I don't want to hurt her heart. Why can't i just like girls instead… he thought there but then it hit him.

He looked like absolute shit. He got up and started messing with his hair. He tried every possible way he could move around his hair but it wasn't working.that's also when he realized he needs to get his hair fixed. His hair dye was almost completely gone and his hair was over groen for his liking. 

He gave up and just put on some nicer clothes that weren't sweats and a big t-shirt. He put on some deodorant and started to tidy up his room. he didn't want drew thinking he was dirty and unhygienic. He paced around his room waiting for that ding of the door bell. 

He sat and bit his nails and then he heard the doorbell ring. His heart started beating faster and he went downstairs to open the door.

“h-Hi.” he said opening the door for drew. Drew looked over and smiled walking in

“My sister was about to cry when i told her i wasn't bringing her.” he said laughing a bit.

“Yeah.. I feel bad… I wish I could just like her but.. You know.” He said not letting any more words come out as he blushed.

“Its cool, just let her down slowly the last time she had a boy over he fell in love with our mom..” He shivered thinking about it.

“Sick! Isint you mom like 40?” he said as they looked down in his room.

“Yeah she is, but anyway you need help in math I need help in reading.”

“Yeah that checks out, i'll help you first. What do you struggle with the most?” Jake said, keeping a warm smile.

Drew blushed at jake embarrassed to admit. “I can't spell anything past 4 letters..” he said, preparing for an insult.

“Okay so let's start with spelling 4 letter words and work our way up. So do you know the difference  ea words are different the ae words?” Jake said, getting out a piece of paper.

“No..” Drew said, sighing.

“Okay, let's start off with that then, let's use the word read for an example.” Jake said writing it down on paper for drew to look at.

He then started explaining to him how it words and how to spell these words. 

Then after a while it was Jake's turn. He got confused on every problem but Drew helped him. 

“This doesn't make sense at all! How am I supposed to prove it's a triangle just look at it!” he said.

That's when drew out his hang over top of jake's hand to help him move the pencil to write the equation and the steps to follow. Jake couldnt pay attention he was too focused on keeping his cool now.

His heart felt as if it was going to burst out of his chest, his face could have been mistaken for a tomato and he was starting to shake. 

“That's how.” Drew said ruffling jakes hair.

“Got it!” He said his voice was still shaky. He looked away from drew.

After a while they were now just hanging out. 

“Shit dude mom wants me home like now! I'll see you later!” Drew said as Jake got up to walk him to the door.

“See you later man!” he said blushing as he watched him walk away from his house.

He sighed and walked up to his room opening the message. 

“How do I find the words to tell her.. I'm in love with Stacy's brother.”