𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

➷。 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

"Oh my girl you're finally here!" Melanie gushes pulling me into a warm hug outside of the family hotel.

I hug back tightly, "I know right, I thought our layover would never end."

We pull away and Madi immediately pulls me into an even tighter hug, "I missed you so much best friend."

I giggle pulling her in tighter, "I missed you more! I may need to just transfer schools."

"Please don't give me false hope," she groans before laughing.

We pull away and I grab my moms arm pulling her towards us, "This is my mom, Cindy. Mom this is Connor's mom, Melanie, and sister, Madi."

All three exchange pleasantries and I can tell instantly that we're all gonna get along well.

"Well girls, what do you all say we get some lunch? I know you two must be hungry after that long flight," Melanie gushes.

"That sounds wonderful!" my mom agrees.

Madi and I lead the way walking down the sidewalk of downtown Halifax. After a few minutes we find this cute Italian place where we eat and chat for the next couple of hours.

"Rutger is completely beside himself! And I kept telling him 'Rutger you're gonna have to get over it. You're most likely going to be playing one another in this tournament, and I don't think your sister will be too happy about you trying to fight her boyfriend'," my mom laughs from her spot next to Melanie and across from me and Madi.

"It really is so funny how everything worked out," Melanie joins in laughter, "you can ask Madi, Connor was completely freaking out the other day when he realized they'd probably be playing each other. He's so nervous about making a good impression."

"I told him that it was gonna be pretty impossible to make a good first impression on the ice," Madi joins in.

"I don't know why they're so nervous. They're literally hockey players, how different can they be?" I add.

"They just want to make sure you're happy sis," my mom grins.

"Exactly. Once they get it out of their system they'll be perfectly fine. They're boys, and boys are weird," his mom laughs as we make our way back down the streets of Halifax.

"You can say that again," me and Madi speak at the same time.

𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐦𝐜𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲!

🩰 💌 🎀

After spending another hour or so with Melanie and Madi, me and my mom made our way back to the hotel to meet up with Dad.