𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

➷。 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

connor b ‹3 wants to facetime you...

accept | decline

"Hey beautiful," Connor's voice floods the blonde's ears as she leans back against the headboard of her apartment's bed.

"Hi sweet boy," her sweet smile fills the frame, "how are you feeling?"

The seventeen year old had suffered a mild injury in his game last night after being slammed into the boards during a rough power play. She had been worried sick when he called her the night before but he assured her that he'd suffered much worse.

"I'm fine," he groaned rolling his eyes in a joking manner, "just bored so I wanted to see your face, but you weren't answering."

"Sorry," she grimaces, "I was studying so I had my phone turned off. I would never be able to focus if it was constantly going off."

"Popular are we?" he smirks.

"You could say that," she smirks, "just kidding. Frank just doesn't leave me alone the night before our tests begging me for my study guide."

"Ah, I see. Makes sense then. I'd probably do the same," he laughs, "but they should make a do not disturb feature that blocks out all notifications but mine. What if I really needed you huh?" he teases.

"If you really needed me it couldn't be too serious. We're hours apart so I couldn't get to you immediately anyways," the girls smiles.

"True, but it's still a good idea right?"

"Sure Connor, whatever helps you sleep peacefully at night," she laughs rolling over on her side.

"Has anyone ever told you that you have a pretty voice?" he questions breaking the comfortable silence.

Red coats the girl's cheeks as she fumbles with her sleeve trying to cover them up.

"Stop doing that, I wanna see your face," he laughs urging her to remove her hands from her face.

"No way, I didn't think blushing was a real thing, but you and that dumb little smirk with your sweet words just does something to me," she groans rubbing her hands down her face like it would erase the rosy tint.

"As long as I'm the only reason your cheeks get rosy, then I'm happy to see you all blushy," he smirks.

"You're so cheesy," she laughs bringing the phone closer to her face.

"But you love it," he retaliates.

"Surprisingly I have found myself to be quite fond of your dorkiness," Ellison smirks sinking further into the coziness of her bed.

"Well I'm glad that you find me dorky," he laughs, "means a lot to my already bruised ego."

"Aww," she coos teasingly, "who bruised your ego you sweet little thing?"

"A blonde," he scoffs, "about 5'5 with an sassy attitude, lives hours away yet still takes every chance she gets to humble me, cute face, pretty voice."

"She sounds awful," the blonde rolls her eyes.

"Nah she's actually pretty great," he laughs while his gaze focuses in on the girl who can't seem to control her laughs any longer.

He didn't think he'd ever seen a girl so captivating. From the first time he saw her he knew that there was something about her, and he believed it was his perfect opportunity when his friend had stumbled upon her social media.

Her radiant smile filled the screen and the boy swore it was the most beautiful and pure thing that he'd ever seen.

"Oh wait, I forgot to tell you something!" her excitement radiates off of her in obvious waves as she practically bounces in her seat on the other end of the call.

"I have a whole week off for Thanksgiving this semester and I was wondering if you had any plans," she trails off questioningly.

He picks up on her meaning fairly quickly getting excited himself but trying not to show it too soon, "Um I have a game or two, but i'll mostly just be spending some time with my family."

"Oh," she replies, "well I was just wondering if you were maybe up for getting humbled face to face?"

The smile is present in her voice as she bites her bottom lip out of nervousness. Connor had picked up on the habit over their calls. The girl tended to bite her lip whenever she was nervous for a test or a social interaction that she was anxiously anticipating.

"Ellie if you're saying what I think you are, then yes. I'd love for you to come to Regina over your break," he smiles adoringly at the relieved grin that coats the girl's face.

"Yayy! I was nervous to ask even though I know you keep saying that you want to see me but I didn't know if you actually wanted to or if you were just saying that-."

"Stop rambling," he laughs cutting off her voice, "I love it when you talk, but I think you're about to go into overdrive babe."

Her face darkens even more at the never used nickname. "What is it?" he laughs, "why'd you get all quiet?"

"You just called me babe," she whispers with still wide eyes.

"I'm sorry it just felt natural I guess. If you don't like it I won't say it again and I-."

"Who's rambling now huh?" she laughs feeling comforted knowing she wasn't the only awkward one, "it's cute. Just wasn't expecting it s' all."

"Okay good because I liked it too," his voice sounds relieved, "I can't wait for Thanksgiving now."

"Me too, wish it'd come sooner."