C80: Assassins from Charax Spasinu!

Start from the beginning

The 6 chi weighed around 60 jin, making it impossible for ordinary humans to wield it. However, for the martial artists who possessed unparalleled strength, the design of the sword, which made it suitable for hacking movements, could unleash the true destructive might of the Wootz steel.

Wang Chong was certain that this weapon would bewitch the saber experts of the Imperial Army.

“… However, I’ll need more materials for the crafting. At the very minimum, I will require 2 jun!”

Wang Chong thought.

Wang Chong has spent just a single jun of Hyderabad ore to craft the first Wootz steel sword. However, crafting this blade would require at least 2 jun. Even though the cost has increased significantly, Wang Chong believed that the price would rise proportionately as well.

Wang Chong would only earn greater profits from the sword.

“Hu!”

Just as Wang Chong was musing over the matter, the slight sound of the wind suddenly reached Wang Chong’s ears. Frowning, Wang Chong abruptly stopped all actions.

“Intruders!”

Wang Chong immediately realized what was going on. He might have lost the incredible cultivation he possessed in his previous life, but his experience and keen senses were still present.

That was the sound of a robe battered against strong wind.

——Someone has sneaked into the Wang Family Residence!

“Hmph, if you think that you can enter and leave the Wang Family Residence as and when you please, you are sorely mistaken!”

Wang Chong’s lips curled up coldly.

Regardless of whether it was the 600,000 gold taels present in the residence or the Wootz steel sword, many people would definitely be blinded by greed. As the saying goes, ‘possessing a treasure is a cardinal sin’, if Wang Chong wasn’t guarded against such thieves, he would truly be unbefitting of an ex-Grand Marshal.

Pu!

Extinguishing the candle flame, Wang Chong immediately grabbed the Wootz steel sword hanging on the wall. Jiya, he discreetly pushed open the window and sneaked out.

At the forge of the Wei Clan, Wang Chong crafted a total of four swords. However, he only decorated a single one of it, embedding agates and gemstones on the hilt of the sword and plating the sheath with gold, making it look both extravagant and elegant.

As for the other three, he didn’t add any additional ornaments to them. Besides, Wang Chong didn’t intend to sell them. As such, he has been keeping them in the residence all along.

Beneath the frosty moonlight, Wang Chong could clearly see the nimble movements of the black figures from the roofs, on the ground, and by the walls, as they rushed straight toward the treasure vault of the residence.

“They seem to be well-aware of the layout of the residence! They must have been spying during the day.”

Wang Chong thought.

Every single residence has their own treasure vault which stores gold, silver, and important treasures. The people who sneaked into the Wang Clan seemed to have clear goals. Their movements precise and exact; clearly, they had scouted the compounds of the Wang Family Residence during the day, giving them a clear idea of the layout and the structure of the residence.

The entire Wang Family Residence was silent, as if the place where the black-clothed men entered was an abandoned mansion. Not a single maid, guard, or nanny was alarmed by their presence.