Chapter 4: Lumiose City

Start from the beginning

"Well, we actually don't have a lot of data on Mega Audino, so is it possible if we could gather some data on your Audino while Mega Evolved?" Sycamore asked.

"If Audino is okay with it, then I don't see why not" Jaydin said.

Jaydin took out Audino. He asked if she was okay with them collecting data on her Mega Evolved form, to which she said it was fine.

"She says she's fine with it" Jaydin said.

"Splendid! Thank you so much! Let's head to the garden area then" Sycamore said.

The group made their way to the lab's garden area. Jaydin and Audino stood in the middle. Jaydin tapped on his Key Stone.

"Let our bond become our power! Audino, Mega Evolve!" He said as he raised his arm in the air.

Audino transformed into Mega Audino. Sycamore was excited and started collecting data. After gathering enough data Audino reverted back to normal.

"Thank you very much Jaydin, I now have more important data to work with" Sycamore said.

"No problem Professor, I'm glad we could help" Jaydin said. Audino nodded as well.

"Well then how about I treat you all to lunch as thanks" Sycamore offered.

"That sounds nice Professor, we'll take you up on that" Jaydin said.

Sycamore left with his aides to make lunch for his guests. Jaydin let out all his other Pokemon, including Marshadow.

Eventually someone returned with food, however it wasn't Sycamore. Instead, it was a girl who looked around 19 or 20 that had long maroon-ish hair that was partially tied up in a ponytail. She grew excited upon seeing Jaydin's Pokemon.

"Woah~! Are these all your Pokemon?" She asked with glistening eyes.

"Yeah. This is Zoroark, Audino, Togekiss, Duraludon, and Greninja" Jaydin said.

"Wow, they all look so strong!" She said. She suddenly blushed in embarrassment when she realized it. "Oh sorry! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Mairin, one of Professor Sycamore's top aides" she said.

"I'm Jaydin Silver, it's nice to meet you" Jaydin said as he held out his hand.

Mairin shook Jaydin's hand. She presented Jaydin and his Pokemon with food.

Most of Pokémon began to eat. But before he sat down, Jaydin felt a tug from the back of his leg. He looked behind him and saw Marshadow looking nervous.

"Hey buddy, you wanna say hi? It's your choice though" Jaydin said with a smile.

Mairin tried to see who Jaydin was talking too. "Do you have another Pokemon too?" She asked.

"Yeah, but he's really apprehensive about being around anyone except me and my Pokemon. It also doesn't help that he's kinda...unique" Jaydin explained.

"Well if he's too apprehensive then I won't pry" Mairin said.

"I'll...I'll do it" he said nervously.

"Okay, but if it's too much for you I'll put you back in your ball okay?" Jaydin said softly.

With all the courage he could muster, Marshadow revealed himself from behind Jaydin's leg.

Mairin froze from seeing him.

"This is Marshadow" Jaydin said.

"H-Hi..." Marshadow said shyly with a matching facial expression.

Mairin's body started to shake. "It's...it's..."

Marshadow slightly hid behind Jaydin again, fearing that Mairin would be scared of him.