Arriving

It was seven in the morning, and the clock was making an unbearable sound so obnoxiously loud it gave me the worse migrane. I lifted the covers off my body and rolled over, and slammed my heavy hand on the top of the clock to get it to stop ringing. Once I decided that I had had enough procrastinating, I lifted my body from my bed, slipped on some furry slippers, and made my way towards my bathroom to prepare for the first day mid-semester at a new college. Since my previous attempt at college ended in chaos, I thought I'd give it another shot in a smaller community College where everybody knows everybody so there'd be less chance of any drama on this campus. I flicked the lights on and ran myself a warm shower to start off my day when I heard a couple knocks at my bedroom door.

"Amelia, are you awake?" A strong voice asked from the other side of the door.

"Yeah dad ill be right out. I'm just in the shower."

"All right, your breakfast is on the table, and I left the keys to the Mustang on the kitchen counter. Don't be late for class."

"Got it. Can I drive the BMW today?"

"Nope, deal was if you can take care of that old Mustang you'll get to drive the BMW."

"But I have been taking care of it I haven't gotten into a single accident, and I just took it to get an oil change not too long ago."

"Yes, but I still think you should hold onto it for a little while longer just so I know I can trust you."

"Yeah sure whatever anyway."

"Just don't be late." He yelled back, giving one more tap at the bedroom door.

"I wouldn't dream of it, Joshua." I mumbled to myself stepping out of the shower and grabbing a towel.

I dried myself off and got dressed for class in a pretty basic outfit so I wouldn't draw much attention to myself. A flannel plain white t-shirt and some jeans should do the trick.i ran downstairs to the dining room that was still filled with a bunch of boxes from the move still hanging around every corner and sat at the foot of the table where my breakfast was neatly prepared for me. He always makes my favorite every morning a spinach omelet with extra cheese, stuffed French toast and maple sausages. I don't really think it goes together, but I like it anyway. Once I was done, I placed my dish in the sink, grabbed a paper towel to wipe off my face, and grabbed my bag for school. I slid the keys off the counter and into my hand locked the door behind me, and I started towards the old Mustang parked in our driveway.

"Just you and me today, black beauty." I reached toward the door handle and yanked it open.

"Excuse me?" I heard a male voice come from the other end of the car and jumped.

"What?"

"Did you just call me Black Beauty?"

"I was actually referring to the car, sorry." I pointed at the gloss black exterior of the vehicle in front of me.

"That actually makes a lot more sense." The guy laughed, and a beautiful smile stretched across his face. He was tall, light in complexion, had dark long curly hair and bright eyes.

"Can I help you with something? Are you looking for someone?" I asked tossing my backpack in the passenger seat of the car.

"Actually, I was looking for you."

"What?"

"I mean, I saw a uhaul come by lastnight and noticed you guys unloading a bunch of boxes, so I thought I'd make some cookies and welcome you to the neighborhood, I was actually just coming up to hand them to you and whoever else lives with you."