Explanation

The OmegaVerse: The world is divided into three distinct types.

Alphas: Strong, dominant person in society. They are the only ones capable of impregnating Omegas during their heat cycle. They also experience a rut once a month, similar to an Omega's cycle.

Omegas: Smaller, delicate person in society. Are the only ones capable of becoming pregnant and bearing children with an Alpha only. They experience a heat cycle once a month, which is the only time they can get pregnant.

Recessive Alpha/Omega: Born as either an Alpha or Omega, they have irregular cycles or, in some cases, no cycles at all. They produce very low levels of pheromones or none at all. The chances of pregnancy or impregnating are also very low or impossible.

Betas: Average people in society. They don't produce pheromones. They can not get pregnant from an Alpha or impregnate an Omega. They can get pregnant normally from another Beta, but don't produce Alphas or Omegas.

Heat Cycle: An Omega's time of the month when they are able to get pregnant. Usually lasts for two to three days. Sometimes, their heat cycle can be triggered by a powerful Alpha's pheromones if they aren't taking suppressants.

Rut: An Alpha's time of the month when they can impregnate an Omega. An Alphas rut can be triggered if they're around one Omega for a period of time.

Pheromones: Scents that are emitted from both Alphas and Omegas can indicate when they are in their rut or heat cycle, respectively. Sometimes, pheromones can be emitted when emotions are unstable. Betas are indifferent to pheromones.

Nesting: Occurs during an Omega's heat cycle. They have an intense need to create a small, safe space to weather their cycle. A small "nest" is made from soft, comfortable objects such as blankets or pillows. If an Omega has an Alpha partner, they will also take items that have their scent.

Knotting: When an Alpha's member swells and latches inside an Omega to ensure impregnation.

Slick: Natural lubrication that is produced by an Omega to assist with knotting during sex.

Suppressants: A type of medication that was developed by scientists to suppress an Omega's heat cycle when they aren't currently seeking a partner so they can live a normal life. Like birth control, they are also not 100% effective but can help when taken regularly.

Inhibitors: Medication taken by Alphas during their rut. They are used mainly to ease their symptoms. During this time, an Alpha can become extremely aggressive.

Marked: When an Alpha has "marked" an Omega by biting their pheromone gland, located on their neck, to ward off any interested Alphas. The pairs' respective cycles will also synchronize.