Prologue: before the madness

Hello all my lovely readers. I realise that most of you most probably hate me for not updsting with this story. But I can explain. I've been really busy and didn't have time to come on wattpad.

But now ot is 2018 and I have decided to rewrite this story as well as my other stories. I hope you enjoy the edited version.
-Moondust
(Edited: 30 January 2018)

_______________________________

Percy was sitting in his room happily colouring the Nemo book he got from his mum for his 4th birthday. The babysitter was in the kitchen making lunch while his mum was out on a date. Percy's 4 year old mind couldn't quite process the concept of dating, but he knew that it could give him a new dad.

Percy never knew his dad, although he was born 4 years ago, he knew he didn't have one because his mum told him that his dad got lost at sea before he was even born. So he was really excited to meet his new dad.

When Percy heard the sound of his mum walking through the front door, he bolted out of his room, Nemo being forgotten. He barrelled into his mum, jumping at the last minute to give her a big hug, causing her to catch him before he could hurt himself.

She smiled at him and kissed his cheek, giving him a big squeeze. When they had separated, Percy saw the man standing next to his mum and observed him. He had deep blue eyes, mousy brown hair that didn't quite match his eyebrows, but Percy just brushed that off as his eyes playing tricks on him. It wouldn't be the first time that jappened. The man was tall and had a slightly rounded belly.

He grinned at the 4 year old held his hand out to him while saying, "Gabrial Ugliano, at your service. You must be little Perseus, the little charmer your mum keeps raving on about."

Hesitating for a short moment, Percy accepted the handshake and nodded. Whith a grin gracing his lips he said, "Yeah, dat's me. I love mama vewy much. Awe you gonna be my new daddy?"

Gabriel burst out laughing. Percy looked at him confused. He then looked at his mum, to see that she too was giggling slightly at her son. He poured at the fact that je was being laughed at, but looked on in as awe as his mum held up her left hand, which held a ring with a diamond on it.

Percy gasped and then giggled with joy at the fact that he was getting a new dad. He started squirming in his mums grip, so she put him down onto the floor. The moment his feet touched the floor, Percy started running around the couple with his arms out giggling with joy.

The babysitter was standing in the kitchen, clutching the egg lifter in her hand and scowlled at the man who would become young Perseus's new father. The babysitter was a beautiful young lady. She had auburn brown hair, eyes that looked almost silver, an athletic build and it seemed as though she had a slight glow around her.

Sally and Gabriel on the other hand looked at the little 4 year old with amusement and joy in their eyes, not noticing the look on the babysitters face. Though Sally was happy, Gabriel had a small evil glint in his eyes, though it was faint. You could only see it if you looked close and deep into his eyes.

The babysitter gave Gabriel one last scowl before turning back into the kitchen, vowing to try and keep young Perseus safe. She had a feeling that his future wasn't going to be a good one. Her gut told her that this was probably the last time she would see the young lad.

She glanced at Percy as he bolted to the table and into his seat. She gave him a small smile and patted his head while dishing up his food, which was blue eggs and waffles. She dished up for everyone else and bid them farewell. On her way out, she cast one last glance at the young boy, sadness in her eyes as she saw him talking the two adults away, her gut feeling getting worse. With a regretful sigh, she exited the apartment, closed the door and seemed to have vanished into thin air.
_______________________________

Whelp, there you have it. A little insight to Percy's life before everything else.

Now, can any of you guess who the babysitter is. First person who does, the next chapter will be dedicated to them.

Can you also guess why Gaberiel's eyebrows didn't match his hair. Whoever can guess this one, I'll answer any question asked by them honestly. 

I hope you enjoyed this little prologue.

-Moondust
(Word total-812)