wet and wild and out of place

"X!"

The young man with a penchant for the color blue turned around. Coming his way was Pallette and Cinnamon.

"Is something wrong?" X asked, looking at each girl with worry. Both of them made an equal face of disgust.

"Of course not." Cinnamon said.

"We need your help." Pallette added.

"With wha-" X started to asked but was interrupted by the girls taking his hands and pulling him to the dorms.

"We need some trustworthy guys to help us decide our swimsuits." Cinnamon told X as she and Pallette continued to drag him.

The confusion on X's face was more than apparent as he questioned, "Why?"

"Why not?" the girls replied in unison.

X likely would have challenged the notion more had the trio not entered Alia's room. Most of X's senses were overwhelmed in an instant. Alia's room smelled of strawberries and vanilla, and she even had a small sectional were someone X was least expecting was sitting- arms folded in contempt.

"Zero?"

"Don't ask," his peer huffed. "At least I know I'm not the only guy they suckered into this."

"Not suckered," Alia gently corrected as she came out of her in-suite bathroom, "Lightly seduced."

"Is THAT what you're calling it?"

"To help gaslight you into not bolting the moment the door opens again? Yes."

Zero shook his head in dismay. "Girls." he even huffed under his breath.

Alia smirked, but said nothing as she went over to Marino.

Carefully making his way over to Zero, X looked around the room. As he took mental note of all the girls crammed into one dorm room, X came to realize something.

"No one invited Aero?"

"We did- or rather, we tried." Iris told him.

"We all did." Layer nodded. "At different points, of course."

"Maybe it means that she's not coming to the party." Zero mused. He cocked a meanspirited smirk before adding, "It's not like anyone trusts her."

"Says you." Alia said, throwing a dress in his direction. It landed perfectly on top of his head. All the girls laughed as Zero then tried to get it off like a puppy stuck in a blanket. Even X let out a chuckle or two before Zero finally managed to get the dress off of him, and tossed in some other direction, far away from him.

The rest of the dressings commenced in a similar manner.

"Hey X," Marino called to him at one point, "You have some pretty nimble fingers- can you help fix Alia's straps? The rest of us can't get it tight enough."

X blinked. "Yeah. Sure." he agreed.

As he went over to Alia, Iris stepped out from the bathroom.

"I... I don't know about this swimsuit." Iris nervously told the others. "Is it too revealing?"

A resounding cacophony of voices told Iris how beautiful she looked. The cheeks of Iris's face flushed a light pink.

"Red looks good on you." Zero said, his voice oddly more clear than the others.

Iris's face now became a deep red. "T-thank you..."

Layer watched as the two exchanged eyes telling of a certain emotion. Fidgeting, she piped up in a near squeak, "What color do you think would look good on me, Zero?"