𝔽𝕦𝕔𝕜, 𝕃𝕖𝕠, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕚𝕤 𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕪 ~ 𝟙𝟠

❝  𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒

𝑀𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝒶 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓃

𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝑜𝒽 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒

𝑀𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝒶 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓃

𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 ~ 𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕨 𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕗𝕚𝕖𝕝𝕕

ⁿᵒᵛᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ²⁰ᵗʰ ²⁰¹⁹

Ariana had been sitting on her bed in her room with her mouth agape for nearly more than an hour as she read and re-read the letter from Leo (or maybe more from Sofia).

I think I'm falling in love with you.

Those were the words that would always make her breath hitch each time she reached them on the page.

She couldn't believe what she was reading. The soldier who has always been reserved when it comes to expressing his emotions. Seeing him admit that he may be falling in love with her was both surprising and overwhelming.

Tears welled up in Ariana's eyes as memories of their time together flooded her mind. She thought back to when they first met, his face and eyes hardened, filled with trauma, walls built up. Then she thought how much had changed since then. How Leo slowly began to open up, and they'd share late-night conversations, where they (mainly her) would open up about their dreams, fears, and everything in between. Their shared laughter echoed in her ears, reminding her of the joyous moments they experienced together.

But amidst the nostalgia, Ariana couldn't ignore the pain accompanying these emotions. Their 'breakup' (which wasn't really a breakup, considering they were never together) was difficult, filled with misunderstandings and hurt feelings. They had both agreed that being apart was for the best (well, she had already changed her mind about that, but whatever), but now Leo's words were making her question everything.

Ariana took a deep breath and wiped away her tears. She knew she needed to process these feelings before deciding how to respond. As much as she missed Leo, she understood that their circumstances hadn't changed. He was still deployed overseas while she remained at home.

With a heavy heart, Ariana realized that sending a letter might only complicate things further. It could stir up old wounds or give false hope for a future that seemed uncertain at best. Besides, if Leo truly wanted to share his emotions with her, he should do so directly and not through someone else's intervention.

But simultaneously, she wanted to express her feelings to the boy. Even if he wasn't confident to do the same on his own, she now knew how he felt.

Ariana pondered over her options, trying to figure out what the best course of action would be. Should she ignore the letter and pretend she hadn't seen it? Or should she confront Leo and let him know she was aware of his feelings? Even though Sofia explicitly told her to pretend.

After much contemplation, Ariana sighed, took out a fresh sheet of paper, and moved to sit at her desk in the corner of her room. Ariana started composing her own letter. As she poured her heart out onto the page, Leo, on the opposite side of the world, lay in his bed, and although he knew the next day he had a dangerous mission, all he could think about was the pretty pop star back home.