''that's cool.'' she lied. 

he laughed. ''it's fine if you don't agree...i know he was a dick to you earlier, but it's just because he's hungover and dramatic. he'll be fine later.''

''maybe.'' 

the two of them finally found the lacrosse team, both writing their names plus chris' on the sign-up sheet. they both hung out for a while after, just looking at what else was going on, before matt said he was going to head back to chris to let him know. he asked makayla if she wanted to go, but she declined, saying she needed to go back to her room and unpack before the bonfire.

they walked to the middle of the park and then went their separate ways. 

-

makayla applied her lipgloss, rubbing her lips together firmly and then looking at herself in the mirror. she brought her hair to the front, running her hands through it to give it some volume. she pouted at herself, and then turned to ryan.

''how do i look?''

''good.''

''you didn't even look at me, you dick.''

he looked up from his phone and raised his eyebrows. ''wow. you look amazing.''

''thank you.''

''are you finally ready? the others are already there.''

''i am.'' she smiled. ''thanks for waiting.''

''you're welcome, bestie.'' he replied, standing and putting his phone in his pocket. ''let's go.''

-

since makayla had spent a long time getting ready, it was already dark and, by the time they arrived, there were a lot of college kids. most of them were drinking, some of them smoking and all of them were talking. 

the bonfire was huge and the whole area was lit up by an orange glow. there were kegs dotted around everywhere and red plastic cups were lingering at the bottom. ryan took makayla to one of the kegs and poured them a beer. he began walking away when she put her hand on his arm and he turned back.

''we're going to find nick.'' ryan explained.

''you go...i want to try and meet some new people before classes.''

''are you sure?''

''yeah. i'll come find you later.'' she smiled.

ryan smiled with a nod before turning and beginning to walk away. makayla waited until he was gone, and then she drank the entirety of her beer. she filled up the cup again, doing the same thing, and then filled it up again. 

see, there was a reason why the brunette girl had taken hours to get ready, there was a reason why she had sent ryan away and there was a reason why she was now drinking beer straight down. 

makayla had a plan.

and that plan was to get laid.

she drank her beer and then filled the cup, deciding to walk around with it. she looked at everybody as she walked around, trying to decide who she thought was attractive and who she wanted to approach. she was about to walk through when she noticed a boy. 

she could only see the back of him, but he was wearing a backwards cap, a white vest and blue jeans. his hair was sticking out the sides of his hat, and he was holding a red cup in his hand that kept moving as he was talking to a group of boys.

she took a few quick deep breaths, took a sip of her beer and then moved towards him. she tapped his shoulder gently, a small smile on her face but that faded when the boy turned and she was met with the same boy who had been rude to her earlier.

''oh, it's you.'' she said in frustration, rolling her eyes.

''woah, that's fucking rude.'' he grinned, not put off by her bluntness. ''do i even know you?''

she narrowed her eyes. ''obviously. we met earlier.''

''are you sure?'' he asked genuinely and then smirked. ''i don't think we have - i'd remember a girl so hot.''

''you're an idiot.'' she replied but hesitated. ''you actually don't remember me?''

''no. i was hungover earlier and now i'm drunk...not a great combination for meeting new people.''

''oh.'' 

''so? what's your name?''

''makayla.''

''kayla.'' he murmured.

''it's makayla.''

''you suit kayla better. it's hot...like you.'' he replied, drinking the rest of his alcohol and then putting his arm around her shoulders. ''wanna get another drink?''

''i'm kinda busy.''

''doing what?''

''it doesn't matter.''

''tell me, kayla.'' he replied, whispering in her ear. ''i'll keep it a secret.''

she moved away slightly, standing on her tiptoes so she could reach his ear. ''i'm trying to get laid.''

the boy smirked. ''that's so weird - so am i.''

''that's cute. i hope you find somebody.''

''i think i have.'' he whispered, pressing a light kiss to her neck.

she laughed slightly, allowing him to pull her closer. he kissed her neck, which she also allowed for a few moments and then pulled away from him, smoothing her hair down.

''what are you doing?'' he asked in confusion.

''you're the last person i would sleep with, chris.'' she replied. ''you were so rude to me earlier, i don't forgive you.''

''kayla, come on.''

she put her middle finger up at him and he laughed. despite the fact he was turned on right now, and she wasn't going to help him in any way, he could still feel the tension in the air. it didn't matter if she wasn't going to sleep with him, she obviously wanted to, and he wanted to.

he half-expected her to change her mind, but she didn't. instead, she drank the last remaining bit of her alcohol and then threw the cup at him with a smile. he laughed as he dodged it, throwing his cup back at her, but she didn't stick around. 

she just walked away, looking for somebody new to talk to.

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛