Chapter 17: Unexpected Purge? Part 3 (Final)

Zach looks at Lee , dumbfounded that he had lost the game. But hey , it was expected to happen.

Zach: well damn , looks like I lost. And I thank God we didn't bet anythin'.

Lee: that could've been a fun idea (*slumps into the seat*)

Zach: really? (*rolls eyes and smiles*) You knew was going to lose.

Zach says.

Lee: I don't want to rub it in , but I still do.

Zach: just wait until I figure it out and know how to play.

Zach says with a yawn while stretching his arms out , you could hear audible cracks. He doesn't feel very flexible today , considering his whole body is stiff from all that damn work. He wished that he had at least some sleep last night. He'd been working for 2 straight days!

Lee: I just wish this extermination would end. Moxxie needs proper medical attention stat. He'll be damn lucky if his wounds won't get infected.

Zach tilts his head because Moxxie is not the only one injured here.

Zach: and Kyle?

Lee: he's an Angel. I highly doubt a simple sickness from Hell could kill him. Only holy weapons could accomplish that task. Maybe something like that big iron on your hip.

Lee says , pointing at the pistol on Zach's hip. Zach then skillfully draws out his gun and lays it on the table.

Zach: got it last extermination. Durable , unlimited bullets and looks good. (*holsters gun*) But honestly , it's lacking use in handling and range. I always have to be close to my targets to get a few shots in. These Exterminators don't really know how to materialise a good pistol. Reeeeeaaal bummer if you ask me.
Had big expectations.

Lee: (*leans forward*) you have a big interest in guns it seems.

Zach nods.

Zach: yep , was a forest ranger before I dropped down here. I actually wanted to be a sheriff in a small town called Macon. Don't know what I did , really. I mean , I obeyed the law and everythin'. (*disappointed*) So what went wrong exactly? I ask myself that question every day of my afterlife.

Lee: hold on. You are from Macon?

Zach: yeah , so?

Lee: just so happens that I'm from there too.

Zach raises his eyebrow , and then like a meteor the realization struck. He had heard talk among the townsfolk about some guy who always caught the best fish and sold it at a good price. He went by the nickname of Aquaman. Because of how easily he catches fish.

Zach: (*suprised*) you're Aquaman?

Zach asks , shocked and excited. Lee nods , answering his question.

Zach: man , I'm a huge fan. Bought some of that good tuna you always caught. Most delicious piece of fish I've ever tasted.

Lee: (is that the reason for him being a cat demon?) All I need is a suit and a trident.

Lee says jokingly.

Lee: I learned from the best. My father and his friend. His name is Kenny.

Zach: gotta say , you know everyone well there. Wish I had your confidence.
(*crosses arms*)

Lee: (*smiles*) jealous?

Zach: heh , envy is one of the deadly sins after all. Guilty as charged.