Red x Reader - It's Hard Expressing Yourself if You Can't Even Think Properly

Start from the beginning

"You were good."

I finally looked up to his eyes, only to remember that he was turned around. So. I couldn't see his eyes. Just the back of his head.

But, like, where his eyes would be, but its his hair and hat. Does this make sense? Intrusive thoughts.

I stood up, feeling the snow on my bare thighs made them start to feel numb. A skirt and thigh highs is good in autumn, not in winter. Should have stuck with snow pants. Wearing a pair of snow pants up Mt. Snow would get hot, though. You don't want to be hot on a cold mountain. That would cause a tornado in your pants. Haha. Tornado in your pants. That's not how the weather works.

Wait, where was I?

Oh, yeah, after an epic battle with the champion of Kanto.

"Thanks for the experience," I finally spoke.

He turned around right away. His calm exterior was still there, but I felt like I cracked it a bit. I could see it in his crimson eyes, they were slightly widened. Funny to see how surprised this dude can be.

I felt my thighs getting raw from the snowy part of my thigh highs rubbing up against my legs, since I landed on my knees in the snow after losing. It felt like time to leave.

You know, walking up hills are exhausting, and going down is a breeze. You'd think that heading back would be way easier than how I had gotten here, but I felt double times heavier. Both because I was covered in frost, rather than the icy but not snowy inside of the mountain, but also with the weight of loss on my shoulders. My Pokémon were all fainted, too, so it was bound to be harder. At least I had my repels, though. I got one out in hand and stared back at the champion looking directly at me.

I mustered up a smile.

"I can't hold it against you. You just needed to defend your title."

He nodded back at me, and furrowed his eyebrows a bit.

You'd think he felt bad for me if he didn't look so serious the whole time I've been here. Right now, he just looks like an angry Psyduck.

Oh, sorry. Thoughts.

I turned around, departing from the area top where the champion was. My forced smile eventually turned into a melancholic one, and I felt the impact of my loss tugging at me. He was probably thirty feet behind me now, so I guess I'm allowed to cry to myself. I have to return to my hometown, though, and see my neighbors, family, and rivals all disappointed in me, with how far I got but not how I-

A firm grip held onto my free arm. On instinct, my other one, with hand holding the repel, whipped around and sprayed whatever was gripping me. I shrieked as I sprayed, the grip loosening almost as quickly as I sprayed, and I heard a coughing noise.

-

Wrapped in a bundle of blankets and next to a fire, I saw the champion, who had whooped my Pokémon to a pulp, treating said Pokémon back to good health. (Y/P) regained consciousness and stayed out of (his/her/their) Pokéball, but I put everyone else away into their Pokéballs after healing. The champion sat down on a makeshift chair (made from a stone with a cushion on top of it) a couple of feet away from me, with his Pikachu on his shoulder. That same Pikachu wiped out (Y/P). I grimaced a little.

What happened, basically, was that Red had noticed that my clothing wasn't the best for a mountain newbie. I mean myself as a mountain newbie as in he's a mountain master, because he's wearing short sleeves and a pair of jeans. He invited me to his place, probably realizing that I needed to survive on repels to get through the mountain again till I reach another Pokémon centre. Unexpected.