Red x Reader - It's Hard Expressing Yourself if You Can't Even Think Properly

disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon
If I did, I wouldn't be writing this fanfiction.
This also isn't meant to be super serious. It's supposed to be kind of funny, but with somewhat of a plot.

(F/C)=Favorite Color (not black or white, though. will make sense when you read)

(H/C)=Hair Color
etc ^^ all that stuff u usually read when u read reader inserts lol

(Y/N)=Your Name

(Y/P)=Your main Pokémon/favorite/partner/whatevaa
^^He/Him/His/She/Her/Hers/They/Them/Their will be used for (Y/P) because Pokémon can be male, female, genderless, etc. Includes nouns, possessive, etc

-

Challenger. The stark contrast of her figure from the blinding white snow was what caught my eye first. She was clad in a (F/C) coat with a black tank top underneath, a slightly lighter shade of (F/C) skirt, black thigh highs, a darker shade of (F/C) boots, and a black beanie. Her eyes fascinated me, moreso than anyone's I'd seen before. It's almost as if hers seemed like the most alive pair I'd ever seen. More passionate. Her hair looked silky and soft to the touch, even when covered in frosty snowflakes, with its (H/C) color peeking out from underneath. I'd never seen such a trainer before. These qualities I noticed when I stared directly at her made me feel a new emotion that I'd never experienced before. I have no idea what it was... jealousy? admiration? attraction? Yet, I still thought, "Challenger."
Her eyes gleamed at me. I grimaced. How could someone have such an excited look after a hike up one of the tallest mountains in the world? She did, though.

"I'm here to show everyone I'm not a bad trainer."

Her voice cut through the sound of flowing wind and snow. I heard it clearly. I was shocked, honestly. So much was going through my mind, but I couldn't say anything. She seemed to wait for a response. I said nothing.
I wanted to tell her to turn back. A bright girl like her doesn't deserve for her dreams to be ripped away, and I don't want my life to be interrupted.

She did it anyway.

-

The smile was wiped off her face by the end of the battle. Returning what seemed like her signature Pokémon, (Y/P), to its ball, she fell dramatically to the ground in defeat. I wish I'd warned her. It wasn't that easy to beat me. One would think it'd be expected of that, too, especially after such a hard trek to reach the top here anyway. For some reason, though, I wanted to reach out to her. I felt my impulses getting the best of me. She wasn't the first one who challenged me, and certainly wouldn't be the last. Yet, here I was, reaching my hand out to her.

-

your point of view

A gloved hand reached out to me. I couldn't believe it. This dude had just whooped me in battle, and here he is, expecting me to take his hand. I blinked in surprise. He was staring directly at me. This whole time I was up here, I hoped confidence and looking directly at this man would make me equal to his level. Am I just a fool? It's hard for me to make eye contact right now, especially because I can feel my tears getting colder by the second. I manually blinked again, this time to cause my tears to fall down my face so that they freeze to my cheeks rather than to my eyeballs. Is that a thing? I don't want to find out. Reminder in the future to bring tissues when you travel miles up a snowy mountain. Great reminder.

I kind of saw my loss coming, yet I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I've been excited for a moment like this for years now, but I was defeated in a couple of mere minutes. His hand stayed there. He was still looking calmly at me. I wonder how long it's been that I've been staring at that same hand.

He awkwardly pulled away after registering that I wasn't taking it. Scratching the back of his head, the champion turned around.

Despite not facing me, and the strong wind gusting on by, I heard his mumbled words clearly.