"Ugh..." you grumbled, looking through the manual Shallare dropped off for you. The process was rather tedious, and even though you kept reading the manual over and over again you couldn't quite pinpoint how to overcome the low resistance in the motor.

Your eyelids felt heavy as you kept looking over the instructions, gears and mechanical parts scattered all over your desk. You've been stuck in Wooden Workshop for hours now, trying to figure out how to identify different problems.

"This is arguably much more worse than school," you cussed under your breath as you looked around the motor. There was a large list of possible issues with a universal motor having low resistance, and you were seriously on edge. It was like trying to differentiate vinegar and water with color.

"Now what the hell is a commutator... and where are the brushes..."

...

Hours passed by in a blur, and you finally figured out the problem: the motor is stuck and obstructed and it's severely overheated because of it. Great. Wonderful. Simply marvelous. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, even. More work to do.

You really didn't mind doing this for Ploque, but you just really hated the process.

Your eyelids felt extremely heavy and you really needed coffee, but you knew sleep wasn't an option and the same goes for the latter since that didn't exist in the sky. You were just alleviated that Cyalm at least gave you acquiescence to work on a faulty motor for two saws instead of working on stopping an evil demigod's schemes.

You began to work on removing the rusted mechanical parts to replace them with the newer ones Shallare lent you.

"Second Star Saviooooor!" a cheery and buoyant voice entered the area, making you quickly lift your head up to face Ploque. You swallowed hard, wondering if you looked stupid, wondering if there was anything you could say to at least impress him so you feel more at ease working on the busted motors.

"Uh, hey!" you tried to reply in an equally as enthusiastic tone, but the tired expression on your face quickly gave you away. "I'm... making some progress."

You quickly looked down, feeling like an idiot. You were slightly worried, wondering if you looking and sounding tired made him think you really hated this job and that he was a burden. It really wasn't like that, but...

After being deeply lost in thought and overthinking, you realized he was quietly watching you without saying anything. Something rare for a Point who was usually bursting with energy like him. You stole a peek to look at his face. He seemed impressed and interested in what you were doing, quietly watching you work.

You struggled to focus, gulping with his gaze fixed so attentively on you.

"Need help?" he asked, walking behind you and peeking over your shoulder, making you jump slightly in shock at the proximity of your faces. You stammered, "Uhh, n... no... I can just-"

"It's cute when you get nervous."

What?

Ploque let out a giggle at your flabbergasted expression, gently flicking the side of your head.

"I'm not cute."
"That's what they all say."
"I'm really not cute."

"Sure you're not," he chuckled softly, poking the side of your cheek and taking one of the saws into his hand, carefully examining the booklet while trying to figure out what parts went where, etcetera. You struggled to recover from his teasing, your face noticeably flushing and your heart racing, with the butterflies in your stomach not helping much either.

At this point, you had no idea if he was just messing with you because he thinks it's funny to hinder with your focus or if he really...

...

More hours passed by in a blur. Ploque left about an hour ago when Cyalm asked for him to help with some minor renovations in the emporium.

What time is it now? Has an entire night passed? Is it dawn? Morning? Noon? Evening? Night? Midnight? Can anyone in the emporium really tell and do any of them really care to keep track? You're not sure you have answers to any of those inquiries.

You groaned in enervation, pushing aside the fixed saws and letting your head land on the wooden desk with a soft thud. You wanted to sleep on something more comfortable in a better position, like the floor maybe, but you were just too tired you could likely fall asleep while standing. You mentally comforted yourself by repeatedly telling yourself that everyone feels like this after sitting at a desk for half a day.

You were really famished as well, but that was the least of your worries for now.

You closed your eyes pretending to sleep, hoping that Ploque would like the reworked saws and getting a small burst of adrenaline in your heart and body before you gave way, falling asleep for real.

...

"Ahh, can't wait to see the Second Star Savior," he muttered to himself, skipping his way back to Wooden Workshop while humming softly. He was practically aching physically to get back already and see you.

He hopped through the large entrance of the birdhouse, stepping onto the wooden floors with a creak. Effortlessly and rather urgently, he rushed all the way up to where you would be.

"Hi, I'm back! Oh..."

His wide grin faded slightly, seeing your reposing figure snoring softly on the desk. He was hoping to be able to at least get to tease you some more, but he decided to leave that idea be for now. He tilted his head slightly in concern seeing how uncomfortable the position you were sitting in looked, scurrying off to one of the storage areas to look for a blanket.

Quickly, he scampered back to where you were, gently wrapping your cold figure in the blanket as he smiled softly at the calm expression on your face. He shuddered softly everytime you made one small movement, careful of accidentally waking you up. He felt his cheeks flush as he gently brushed his fingertips over your forehead, his heart skipping multiple beats.

"I... I don't care whether or not you can hear this, but," Ploque whispered softly next to your ear before gently pressing his lips against your forehead and your nose, his breath hitching.

"...man, I think you've swept me off my feet. I'm in love with you..."

He chuckled softly as he blushed a tint of light yellow, gently flicking the side of your head and barely smoothing over your temples as his smile grew wider. He sat on the table, picking up the saws and looking at them. He wanted to do a test run, but decided it probably wasn't a good idea to have running saws near a sleeping person.

He smiled, impressed with your handiwork. Getting off, he bent over to reach your height, gently brushing his lips over your ear.

"I really will tell you someday, how much I love and want you... you sleepyhead."

(1577 words)