Chapter 60: Memory

William watched as more than ten sarcophaguses were opened at the same time, and more than ten high-level undead crawled out. Their bodies were wrapped in black miasma, and their eyes were burning with Soul Fire. William finally felt the same as when he was clearing a dungeon.

This could be considered the first time he was encountering a standard enemy since transmigrating-a Divine Realm Authority holder who had perfectly mirrored the Blackwater Swamp's local myths.

The undead wearing a broken crown and holding a ritual sword made of Elementium Silver was the first to charge over. Condensed undead magic spread across the expensive sword like a spiderweb, stirring the rich Undead magic in the air as it let out a roar.

However, the strike was blocked in midair by a pitch-black halberd.

Pitch-black nexuses that equaled the number of undead present appeared in the tomb simultaneously. Netherworld Knights-who were covered in heavy black armor and whose eyes emitted a faint red light-raised from the summoning nexuses and charged at the undead closest to them in unison.

Do you think you're the only one who knows how to summon creatures?

The Legendary Netherworld Knights fought the remains of the former heroes and nobles of the Blackwater Swamp. At the same time, dazzling lightning suddenly erupted not far behind William.

Cass stood up and clenched his fist that emitted lightning before punching the Nightmare Maid, who was about to take advantage of the chaos to escape.

When the Stumbling Demon saw this, it moved its fat body to support its Moon Realm ally.

William only glanced at it and didn't intend to care about it.

Since the swordsman named Cass was a sacrifice for the King and Rebel ritual, even if he wasn't the main body of the ritual, he should have been raised to the Legendary domain. A Stumbling Demon and a Nightmare Maid probably weren't a match for him.

Of course, the biggest problem was how to reduce the massive latent danger of him becoming an Authority holder in the future and prevent him from evolving in the direction of disaster.

However, this wasn't something to consider now.

William lifted Withering Cold to freeze two dim black balls that contained a strong curse in midair. With a flash of lightning, he appeared in front of Simon.

The huge snake behind Simon opened its mouth that was filled with the aura of death and bit at William's head.

Then, its head was slammed crooked by William's backhand strike with his staff.

This staff had more than ten ailments: Petrification, Shock, Evil Break, Enfeeble, Explosion, etc. In addition, William used the Power of Dragons to strengthen himself before striking.

Therefore, as a colorful ball of light suddenly exploded on the snake's head, the huge snake that symbolized Death Vera's supreme authority had its flesh and scales splattered from the strike. Its skull exploded and its spine bent.

"Hiss..."

The giant snake immediately collapsed to the ground with a bang before turning into a phantom again.

The heavy damage suffered by the giant snake that was connected to Simon's soul also affected his head. It was as if he had been struck by an invisible boulder. His spine slanted at a dangerous angle, and a bone-deep wound appeared on his forehead.

Back then, the fellow named Evelyn among the Judges loved to use this move. She called this crazy combat method of stacking buffs on a magical medium before giving the enemy a fierce blow on the head "melee staff technique."