For a moment I appreciate the embrace, wanting to feel warm and safe forever.

When Katherine finishes embracing us both, she points to her husband. "Remember George?"

I nod my head, giving him a polite smile, "I remember."

"Hi, George," Jackie greets also giving him a smile.

Things were a bit awkward, we've never been in this situation before. We weren't sure what to say, or how to act.

Katherine stands in the middle of Jackie and I as George pulled our luggage. "H—How was everything? Was the flight okay?"

"Yeah," I nod my head, looking up at her. "It was okay."

Katherine looks between Jackie and I, "do you girls need anything before we go? Something to eat or coffee?"

"We're okay," we gently say simultaneously, trying our hardest to make things as comfortable as possible.

✿✿✿

As we drove down the road to the ranch, I took notice of all the beautiful trees. It was calming and peaceful.

I took my phone out, scrolling through my feed when I click on a timeline about New York News.

"And as New York Fashion Week gets off to a fabulous start," my earbuds repeat as the video continues on.

"The industry paid tribute to fashion designer Angelica Howard, her husband, and eldest daughter who six months ago, tragically—"

I quickly shut off my phone, pulling out my earbuds as I take a deep breath, trying to calm my racing thoughts.

Instead, I look out at the view besides me. All the green and the beautiful blue sky.

After a few more minutes George pulls up in front of the house. Mr. Walter steps out of the car, opening the car door for Jackie and I.

I step out, my eyes immediately admiring their home. A smile found it's way to my lips as I think of all the stories I've heard.

"Let's get you girls inside," Katherine tells us, standing by the steps of the porch. "We'll introduce you to everyone."

Jackie and I make our way to the porch as Katherine answers a phone call. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a boy wearing a bucket hat passes us.

"Move!" He calls out as he continues to ride his skateboard on the porch.

I instantly try to stifle a laugh at Jackie's face but she catches it, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Hi," a boy sitting off to the side catches our attention next. He points to himself, "Danny."

"[Y/n]," I reply giving him a small smile.

I then nudge Jackie to do the same. "Oh, I'm Jackie."

Katherine makes her way to us, opening the front door and allowing us to step inside.

George rolls our luggage through the hallway as a small boy rushes out of the den. "Whoa! Whoa! Benny, stop running."

"I'm not running!" The little boy yells back as he disappears around the corner.