Side Story I - Part I

Authors note: A little surprise for everyone
I am not sure how old you are in this side story, but lets agree on 13/14.
And yes, there are two chapters uploaded today! :D

I quickly wiped my dirty palms on the fabric of my clothes after getting up from the ground, leaving the bike be for now.

Slighlty lifting my chin I reached out my hand to the boy, in front of whom I falled down.

"Nice to meet you. I'm [Y/N]." I smiled, showing him a crooked teeth.

The brown haired boy suspicously took my hand in his, shaking it carefully.

"I'm new here." He said with a quiet voice, looking around.

"That's a strange name." I stated, crouching by my bike to lift it up.

I thought that I already mastered it, but as it seems my dad lied when he said that I could drive miles now.

"No. It's not a name!" He opposed, stomping with his feet.

"Sure New Here." I went on my bike, peddaling away, but decided to turn around.

After all I never saw his face here.

Did he get lost?

But with taking the curve to turn around I fell again. This time with no luck, and scratching myself in my forarm and chin.

Good thing he didn't saw that.

That would be embarassing.

Not to discredit myself anymore I was walking by the deadly wehicle, going towards the boy.

"Can I help you?" I asked, wiping with my sleeve the blood from my face.

He didn't respond at the beginning, playing with his fingers and still searching with his gaze for someone.

"N-no." He stuttered nervously.

What was his problem? Did I look so scary?

"Okay New Here." And all I wanted to do was a good deed after I broke all the eggs that I was supposed to deliver to our home.

~*~

"Dad, do we have to go there?" I whined, already imagining all the creepy booths standing there.

Father kneeled on one knee before me, so that he would be my eheight, correcting my hat, so that the cap wasn't on the back, but the front of my head.

"You know that Felicia is at kindergarden, and you still have one more month of summer before school." He patted my shoulder, lifting his tips of his lips upwards.

"But it's scary there." I argumented, trying to pull him back into the home when he wanted to step outside.

"I know. But you are brave, and we have to buy something to eat." His calm voice gave me somehow the strength to go after him and show him that he wasn't mistaken.

I am brave!

I was walking next to him, kickng a stone so that it would end up before me every time. As it should.

"Ma, I don't want to be here!" A boy whimpered for afar, being draged by his mother.

Only when they got a little closer did I noice his brown hairs, as well as clothes that weren't from here.

"It's you!" I pointed at him with my finger, my mouth wide open.

The boy didn't responded verbally to me, slighlty hiding behind his mother.

Whats's wrong with him?

"Are you going the the trade markt too?" My father asked her just out of politeness, when he saw her walking in circles.

"Yes. But it seems I'm a bit lost." She anwsered, clutching onto the strap from her bag.

Why did they seem so wary of us?

"So, whats's your name?" I asked him, giving my hands behing me, and straightening my back.

I was doing long steps, as I was walking on the curb.

"Sejanus." He mumbeled, looking the other way.

"Cool name, New Here." I mocked him, and when he verted his eyes towards me, I showed him my tounge.

"I am done talking to you." He tossed his arms in the air as a way of riot.

"And yet, here you are talking to me." I laughed, almost slipping of the krebstone.

"Am not!"

I wanted to irritate him more, but it was time for us to go into the coloseum, just to see our market.

Sejanus clenched his fists, swallowoing loud his saliva.

The first impression wasn't so great and I understood his reaction, his schock.

At least there weren't any dogs today.

But as usually their yellow hair could be seen in the crowd.

Why were the Snows coming on the same days as us here?

"Lets go to the sweets." I grabbed the brown haired boys hand, tugging him after me towards the stand.

Of course we wouldn't buy anything but maybe just looking at all that sugar would make it better for him to endure this.

After all, seeing a bat getting killed is better than a falling head from a dog.

"But I don't have money." His face saddened when he saw all sorts of sweets made by our local baker.

Dad would buy them from time to time for me and Felicia, mostly when there was an occasion. 

Whenever he did that, he also bought beer for himself, saying that it was a sweet drink for him, but didn't let me taste it.

"Me neither." I smiled at him, not knowing then that he would go to school togheter with me, and was the boy from the family everyone talked about.

The Plinths.

The only family who got rich in the districts during the war, so they could buy themselves out.

The family everyone hated without knowing them.