Phil almost shoves me aside that I fall face first onto the ground and carefully lifts the poncho of tour 'Mate'. It's still bloody, we couldn't change it without revealing his privacy which I insisted on keeping! I need to gain his trust and this is an important first step!! I help Phil unraveling the bandages. They and his body radiate so much heat. Is it him or is it because of the wound? I don't know... The last few rows of bandages a have a few red stains on them, but I presume that it's normal as there always is some after bleeding with any wound that is bleeding in the first place. Looking at the skin beneath the sheets I get surprised at how much better it looks than 3 days ago. It's... almost fully healed?! How is this possible! I've seen smaller wounds of similar caliber that took weeks to heal like this. I look with wider eyes to Phil, who is also surprised. What a beast this man is, walking around with a wound like nothing and recovering from it so quickly. It's so manly, so strong and muscular, so mysterious and so attractive~

I mentally slap myself for drifting away like this, I can simp later. I let Phil inspect closer. He sounds amazed.
"Wow... almost a full recovery in three days?! How is that possible??? No one has such a good immune system!" he is physically breaking his head to ponder on these questions as said person gets embarrassed, carefully trying to cover up the wound, seemingly not like the questioning and/or attention. I internally awe over that but keep my more or less professional vibe.
"No. no, it's fine, we are just amazed with your body's abilities to recover this quickly!" I assure again and it seems to help a little. I keep chatting and telling him that all is well as Phil proceeds to apply more fatty cream and bandages again. I am just a distraction, so to say. Afterwards, the plan is to the him to the bedroom upstairs, so he has a proper bed with proper privacy to properly recover! We both help him to get up, yet to our surprise the man has no problem walking at all and doesn't even need the help. So, we kind of watch/lead the way instant of providing support. At the top of the stairs, the sound of the front door unlocking rings through the house and Phil gets downstairs again to inform Mal on the situation. Meanwhile I open the door to the guest room and lead the fellow 'Mate' inside. He looks around and I motion him to the bed. I watch as he sits down and slowly goes under the sheets again. I sit on the bed and he watches me do so.
"That's your room from now on! You need to get rest to get well again! Also, you'll have your privacy here, no one will enter until you want to!" I proudly tell him. Yet, the man looks puzzled and I remember, oh shoot he is mute. I quickly get up.
"One moment." I chuckle nervously and race out the room into my own room. A few minutes later I reenter with a pair of walkie talkies. They were gifted to me ages ago but the battery still works! I place one of the walkie talkies on the night stand next to the bed.

"Here you go, you just need to send a signal and I'll come to help you!" I announce with a bright smile, confidently putting my hands on my hips. My 'mate' seems overwhelmed for a moment, his face fading into a soft smile, shooting my heartrate through the roof. I flush up and look around the room. That gesture of him is so expressive and so warm and so sweet oh my god! I clear my throat, trying to get myself together. Surely, he needs some privacy. I do, to process the happening things right now.
"Well, I'll be going then if you don't need anything- "I mumble loud enough for him to hear it, taking a last look at the man beneath the covers. As soon as I'm out, surely, he'll pull off the poncho and reveal his face to the air. My 'Mate' though, makes a motion that gestures me to come closer to him. My heart beats heavily in my chest as I do, yet I feel excited about it. He grabs my hand and takes a look at it. My hands are scared from the past, and he uses his pointer finger from the other hand to trace them. I tickles a little and I stare at it happening as my cheeks burn. Is this real? Soon he's done, gives me a firm hand shakes and lets go. I need a moment to recollect myself and also take my hand back, touching it with my own. Oh my...
A sudden adrenalin rush kicks in and I stumble around, embarrassed.
"O-OKAY I'LL GO NOW GET SOME REST!" I almost yell and rush out the room, closing the door behind me. My brain is working at the speed of light and I feel embarrassed once more. The way I left was so childish. That sucks. He'll think I'm stupid or something!
'Mhm...'
"I told you to stay quiet!"
'But it's over, isn't it?'
I sigh and collect my thoughts and cringe at my stupidity, eventually making my way down the stairs to discover Phil and Malay talking in the hallway. I heavily step down the stairs and stand beside them.