The Alpha's Human Mate - 3

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆☽Ⓛ❈Ⓒ☾⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Ever's POV.

I don't think I've ever seen a more attractive man in my life. Actually, I know for sure that I have never seen a more attractive man in my life than Cain. When Ellie introduced us earlier, it took everything in me to keep my mouth closed and not let my jaw drop. I couldn't believe that, not only did a man this beautiful exist, but that my best friend knows him and has invited him to her wedding. I get to spend a week with him!

Unlike Izzy and Yasmine, I don't think I have a chance with him. I'm not fooling myself, if you look at him and look at me, it's obvious it would never happen. He probably dates women who are as beautiful as him, the type who are either incredibly successful or have those wonderful personalities that naturally draw others to them. I'm none of those things, I'm very normal and boring.

So you can imagine my shock when he comes and finds me alone, after my gorgeous friends have spent the last hour doing their best to flirt their way into his good books. At first I thought he was only showing interest to be polite, and then I thought maybe he recognised that I wasn't flirting with him and saw me as a challenge, as playing hard-to-get. Except, when he sat on that bench and talked about everything under the Sun with me, with only minimal flirting, he seemed genuinely interested. I can't understand it.

Perhaps he wants to be friends?

I honestly don't know what he wants from me, but I'll consider myself lucky that a man so obviously intelligent, confident, considerate, and polite is even giving me the time of day.

I change into a skirt and one of my favourite tops for dinner. Everyone meets in the hotel restaurant, where a table has been set up for our party. My heart beats faster as I spot Cain. He is wearing a white shirt that is a stark contrast to his tanned skin, and black jeans that hug his enormous thighs. My heart then lifts as he raises his hand to wave at me and pats the empty chair next to him.

He saved me a seat?

I find myself blushing as I take a seat next to him. I get a whiff of his cologne and greedily inhale again; he smells so good.

"You look lovely," he whispers in my ear.

His warm breath hits my neck and I resist a shudder. I smile back at him.

"Thank you." I hesitate and then add, "I like your cologne, it smells really good."

The grin he gives me is nothing but wolffish.

"I'm not wearing cologne, that's my natural smell."

Jesus Christ.

Everything about this man is naturally tempting. It's like he was created with the sole purpose of being my biggest weakness.

The waiters come and take everyone's drinks orders. Having drink quite a lot at lunch time, I stick to a lemonade. Cain orders a water, I don't know why it surprises me, but it does.

"What did you do this afternoon?" He asks.

"I had a nap," I admit, feeling embarrassed. "That alcohol wiped me out a bit."

He chuckles at me, but it isn't mean.

"What about you?"

"I made some work calls, had to make sure the place wasn't burning down without me."

"Was that at risk of happening?" I question.

"Well, I am the leader, so yeah."

Intriguing. I have no idea what he does for a living, his explanation earlier was so unhelpful.