44: Gentle Trespasser

The day continued with excited students and people coming to 1A's haunted house after the first couple came out. The horror enthusiasts jumped at being able to experience a new haunted house to sate their horror fix. Most people were satisfied by the end of the maze and the remaining few who weren't were very vocal about it.

"This is supposed to be a fun festival! Not, not, not this!" A higher-pitched voice shouted. A woman in her mid-thirties with a sobbing boy at her side loudly complained to the two girls in charge of the haunted house, Yayoruzo and Mina. 

Yayoruzo was about to open her mouth to apologize but Mina beat her to the punch. "Who said it was supposed to be fun? It's a haunted house, it's supposed to be scary. Sure some people find that kind of stuff fun but to each their own." She shrugged. "The pamphlet specifically said that it wasn't for any casual passersby." She tapped on the pamphlets they made on the table. "We even made a sign!" The pink girl pointed at the sign on the table with big letters saying 'Super Scary!' In red.

"We did make a sign," Yayoruzo mumbled with a nod. She was sent a glare by the woman and quickly continued. "We are not responsible for each person who decides to go through. You decided to do so and with a young child no less." While she did feel bad for the crying child, she did blame the mother for dragging them along into a haunted house.

"Are you calling me irresponsible?!" The woman said indignantly.

"Now you're putting words in our mouths on top of yelling unnecessarily." Mina crossed her arms and shot the mother an unamused look.

"The staff will hear of this!" The mother said in a growl and left dragging her crying child behind her. The few people who gathered to watch the scene parted to let her leave.

"Was that so wise? To antagonize her, that is." Yayoruzo asked after a moment of watching the woman go in a huff.

"She's one of those people who think the world will cater to their every need." Mina waved her friend's concerns away. "Those are the worst to deal with."

Yayoruzo nodded along. "Yes, I've gathered that but don't you worry that the staff will shut the haunted house down?" She glanced at the large crowd lined up to go through the haunted house.

Mina also looked around and hummed in thought. "Probably not, it's too popular. The festival is supposed to be fun for everyone and having to satisfy one to anger a mob isn't 'logical' as someone would say." She dropped her tone and added some gravel to mimic someone.

Yayoruzo stared at her friend with pursed lips. "You are picking up Midoriya's bad habit."

"Hm? Which one?" She asked confused. "Being confrontational?"

"No, well yes but I was talking about you mocking or looking down on Mr.Aizawa," Yayoruzo explained.

Mina stopped in her tracks to head back to her post at the end and turned to Yayoruzo with a serious look in her eye. "I am aware that Eraserhead is a great hero but Aizawa is a less-than-stellar teacher, especially when he always is making sure my good friend doesn't turn and kill everyone. I don't see him do that to anyone else and I don't think that's very fair!"

Yayoruzo stepped back at the sudden anger Mina showed. She gathered herself and responded. "Aizawa doesn't do that to Midoriya."

Mina cut her off before she could continue. "He literally told Izuku that the only reason he wasn't expelled for the midterms was so the school could keep an eye on him." She took a step back and took in a breath before continuing. "We should get back to our posts." And turned to leave.

Yayoruzo was left there standing, unsure what to do next. She took in what Mina had said and tried to look at it from another angle but if what Mina said was true then she could see why their little group disliked Aizawa so much. And that was just one incident she was told about, only Midoriya would know how many more. She finally turned and headed to her post at the beginning of the maze to welcome more people into the haunted house.